cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message chat on Samsung phones disabled on PN?

pmcgrath72

Message chat on Samsung phones disabled on PN?

I have just changed my wife's phone to Plusnet from Vodafone and it seems that the Samsung phone to Samsung phone message chat function (similar to iMessage) has now been disabled when using the new Plusnet SIM. Is this correct? I have replaced the SIM with my Vodafone SIM and the chat facility has sprang into life as normal.

I am not aware that this chat facility is network provider dependent, it should be SS phone to SS phone regardless..

I have tried all the usual switch off and on tricks but nothing is changing.

Any help appreciated...

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Message chat on Samsung phones disabled on PN?

Could it be related to the content lock as it could be seen as an adult service (like gambling etc) ?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Content-lock/m-p/1405307#M2374

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi pmcgrath72!

I'm sorry to hear that's the case, but I'll do my best to help:

You'll have to forgive me, as I'm not too familiar with this android chat service, but following a quick search online I've found the following instructions: 

1. From any Home screen, tap Phone.
  2. Tap the MORE icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Voice over LTE settings.
  5. Select one of the following: Turn on: Use VoLTE when available.Turn off: Do not use VoLTE.

Looking at these instructions, I can see that the service uses VoLTE (or an option to use when available), a feature I'm afraid we don't provide over the Plusnet network. I'd suggest selecting the 'Turn Off' option under 'Voice over LTE settings', and see if that does the trick.

If that fails to work, I'd suggest contacting Samsung to see if there's any troubleshooting advice they have to offer.  Smiley

- Charlie

pmcgrath72

Hmm, could be, but I can't see why that would be the case. I'll check it out, thanks

This is for the adult content answer...

pmcgrath72

I can't see any such option on the Samsung S6 phone. It's not an "Android" thing it's specifically Samsung to Samsung phone feature where you can switch a text from standard SMS to chat e.g. the same chat feature can't be done from Samsung to HTC, both android

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

I see. In that case I'd advise contacting the Samsung Support Team for further troubleshooting:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/ .

I've also now picked up your PM, and I'll be replying shortly.  Smiley

- Charlie