cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Customer Service Nightmare

jateles

Massive Customer Service Nightmare

I hope someone can shed some light on this. On 7th Feb I transferred my number (ending 1229) from Giffgaff to PlusNet. So far so good.

I wanted my wife to take advantage of the same offer so I called PlusNet and asked if it was possible for my wife to be sent a new sim. Again, all good so far. The Sim arrived and I called to give them the PAC cod for my wife’s number (ending 2783) and they said it would all be sorted in 24 hours. Great!

However, what ended up happening is Plusnet transferred my wife’s number (2783) to my sim and my phone number (1229) stopped working!! I called to explain and first I was told to swap the sims (didn’t work – my number was still missing) and then I was later told that was actually the wrong advice and someone would call me on Saturday (26th Feb) to sort it out – no one did call.

I called back on the 28th and was told they know what the issue is and it’s with the back team and could take up to 5 working days to fix and I would get a call back on Tuesday 3rd with a resolution to the issue – again no one did call and I still had no number.

I called again on 4th Feb and was told by someone called George in the back office that the account associated with number 1229 is closed and to reactivate it I would be sent a new Sim card and they could then transfer the number to the new Sim as soon as it arrives. The Sim arrived on 5th Feb so I called asking for the transfer to take place. I was then told that no one was able to help me!!! But Leo (a manager on the floor) told me I would be called back on 9:30am with a resolution to the problem. Once again no did call!

I called again on 6th Feb and was just greeting by the same message that no one was able to help me and I would get a call back tomorrow (7th Feb). I’m not holding out much hope that anyone will call me and I fear my number ending 1229 is completely lost!

Has anyone ever had this happen to them and how can we fix it? Our phones have been messed up for nearly three weeks and it’s getting really annoying!

Moderators Note: All caps title removed as per Forum rules

7 REPLIES 7
jateles

Re: Massive Customer Service Nightmare

Just to add I was told I'd have a call back this morning (7th Mar) - as expected no one called!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @jateles 

I'm really sorry to see what's happened.

I've just been talking to a colleague about this as he's picked up a message via Facebook on your behalf I believe.

We're raising this to our second line support team to try to get this sorted out for you and your number reactivated. 

We should have an update within the next 5 working days and I'll make sure we update as soon as we do. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jateles

It’s been another 5 days since this was last raised and still nothing! It’s been over a month now with no progress and no updates. Can’t you just give me a PAC code for the number ending 1229 and I can ask for it to be transferred to another Sim?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I’m not in the office today, but last update I had from our second line support team was that they’re working with the relevant people to reinstate your number. 

Unfortunately due to the type of work that’s involved to put your number back on several systems, it’s nowhere near a quick fix. Sad I’ll see where we’re at next week. 

If your number’s not active then I’m afraid you wouldn’t be able to transfer it to another provider.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jateles

When next week? Another 5 days? I was told 5 working days last week and then 5 working days the week before. It’s been going on for over a month now and still no one has explained how you managed to lose my number and why exactly it is taking so long to get back.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

This would’ve been caused by agent error.

It can generally take weeks or months to reactivate a mobile number, in my experience, and something we’d only do in rare circumstances due to this. It’ll have to be manually put back onto several systems, which isn’t a straightforward process as we’d all like.

Appreciate it’s been ongoing for over a month so far. I’ll again see where we’re at when I’m in the office next week. I can chase it up on Monday but I can’t guarantee I’ll have something to share then, but as soon as I do, I’ll be sure to let you know. Really sorry for the hassle. Sad

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

We've chased this up and I'll let you know when I've got a response back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet