cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS woes since August.

Ado16
Grafter

MMS woes since August.

My  Other Half has been with Plusnet Mobile for around 14 months.  Everything was happy until  August, when - along with a lot of other Plusnet users (we understand) - her SIM Card died.  We received a new SIM card, but the signal was never particularly brilliant and she discovered her phone could no longer send or receive MMS messages. This has been ongoing and we have today received yet another new SIM.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to want to send or receive pictures either. Now, I wouldn't call myself a complete expert, but I have been using and tinkering with Mobile Phones and Mobile Phone settings for nearly 30 years.  I have been through the APN settings with a fine tooth comb, several times and I appreciate that you can look at something so hard that you can miss stuff, but as far as I'm concerned, everything is in order.  What is particularly aggravating is - if you change the SIM card to say - an old GiffGaff card we have spare - the settings change straight away and pictures can happily be sent and received with no problem whatsoever.  To  coin a probably outdated phrase; "Go Figure!"

(The phone is a Motorola G5S on Android 7.11)

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: MMS woes since August.

Hi @Ado16

I am deeply sorry to hear about the issues your partner is having with her new SIM card and sending MMS messages.

Can you please send me a private message with the following information:-

- Full name of the account holder

- Full home address, including postcode

- Mobile number

Please bear in mind, for security reasons, I can only disclose information to the account holder or an authorised user. However, I will have a look into the account and see if there is anything I can identify that may be causing these issues.

Many thanks.

Ado16
Grafter

Hello! Sorry for the delay in replying.  Things have moved on and there has been an interesting twist.

My wife has gone back to giffgaff - Thinking that this problem stemmed from the problems Plusnet had with the mobile service back in the Summer.  The Plusnet phone number had worked for the eleven months prior to this.  It definitely wasn't the phone, because with the giffgaff SIM in MMS's could happily be sent and received. The original giffgaff number though had become beset with junk phonecalls so she has ported over the Plusnet phone number.

Guess what we have discovered this morning.  With the  Plusnet Number ported to the Giffgaff SIM. It will no longer send and receive images either.

The problem then, hasn't been with the physical two SIM cards that wouldn't send pictures that my wife got through whilst with Plusnet, but something to do with the Phone Number itself! How can this happen!? How can it be solved!! It accepts Texts and Phone Calls but whether on Plusnet's network or on GiffGaffs. It will not trade in picture messages. 

Your thoughts would be welcomed!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Ado16, I am sorry to hear that the issue is now occurring since porting to Giff Gaff.

I'm not sure what would cause this I'm afraid and having spoke with our Ops Team, they are also a little stumped by this and as the number is no longer on our network, it's not something we can directly support.

That being said, since the port completing, have you tried resetting and manually reconnecting the network? If the handset is set to connect automatically, the connection session might not have reset since the port happened.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Ado16
Grafter

Hello!
The number was a Plusnet number originally. 🙂 As per the original post.
I think we'll just have to conclude that this is a dud number! It's a pity because it has three "7's" in and very easy to remember! Maybe if it had three"6's" in it would have made sense! Thanks again.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Ado16

It is rather strange that you are unable to still send MMS messages.

Have you tried what my colleague Lauren suggested? 

It maybe worth contacting your new provider for assistance. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Best wishes.

Ado16
Grafter

Thanks for the reply again. We will sort it out and never fear, Plusnet hasn't entirely lost out. We have been Phone & Broadband Customers for eight years next May.
TFN
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@Ado16 Glad to hear its getting sorted out, please do let us know if there is anything further we can help with.