cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone - Proof of use needed but Plusnet does not have an IMEI number

brimar

Lost Phone - Proof of use needed but Plusnet does not have an IMEI number

Unfortunately I have lost my iphone, done all the stuff that needed to be done - put details on Immobilise.com, reported to Plusnet. Apple lost phone procedure etc. I reported the loss to the insurance company and they have asked for proof of use from Plusnet to include record of IMEI number, when the phone was first used and when last used. Plusnet customer services have told me that they do not have a record of the IMEInumber as my handset was not obtained through them (the phone was simfree). Is this correct?

I should add that I do have record of the IMEI number but this is no good unless I can get something in writing from Plusnet. Hopefully, someone out there can help.

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Lost Phone - Proof of use needed but Plusnet does not have an IMEI number

I should hope not as a lot of insurance companies will ask for this in the event of a claim.
Whilst on EE I obtained such a letter for a phone bought SIM free so would expect PN to be able to do the same.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Perhaps your insurance company would accept proof from your apple ID account device selection

https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @brimar I am deeply sorry to hear that you have lost your mobile phone.

We can have a look and see if we can obtain your IMEI number.

Can you please private message me the following details so we can look into this:-

- Your full name

- Your full home address, including your postcode

- Your mobile number

Once you have sent me a PM. Please comment on this thread, so we can continue to assist you with your query.

Kind regards.

brimar

Hi

Thanks for your responses, they will help me take this forward if the information is not available.

@Dumbledore I have PM'd with the information

Thanks

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us @brimar.

We've responded to your private message.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Whilst on EE I obtained such a letter for a phone bought SIM free so would expect PN to be able to do the same.

I thought all CP's had to record the IMEI and IMSI whenever the phone was connected, to enable use of blacklisted devices to be prevented. Seeing that PN must know the IMSI (it's the ID of the SIM) it ought to be simple to check what IMEI was connected using that SIM and when.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

brimar

A kind person found my phone and it has now been returned to me. Thank you all for your interest and useful advice (hopefully I will not need to use the advice in future!)