cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing signal when roaming

see205

Losing signal when roaming

I have been in Germany since after Christmas, after having no issues with signal in the UK.

I am in a major city, so there isn't an issue of service.

But maybe every ten minutes, my phone (iphone 6s) keeps losing signal. It will sometimes be O2 Germany or Telekom, but it constantly changes.

I have tried turning off automatic carrier selection, and picking one of the above, but signal keeps being lost with both of them.

Any suggestions? I have looked for a profile to delete, as suggested in other posts, but there isn't a profile option (which usually means you don't have one to delete.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Losing signal when roaming

Sorry to hear you're having signal issues, see205

Whilst it's hard for us to guarantee signal abroad, as a lot of factors (local mast maintenance, etc.) are beyond our control, there's still some troubleshooting steps we can try Smiley

The SIM should connect to the local network with the strongest strength, but it sounds like it shouldn't be changing so frequently. Could you perform a 'network settings reset', so the SIM is drawing the most recent network settings, and let me know how things go from there?

The instructions for an iPhone 6S should be as follows:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Scroll down to, then tap General.
  3. Scroll down to, then tap Reset.
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  5. Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm.

It's important to note that doing this will remove all of your Wifi passwords, so only carry out this reset if you're happy to do so. If this doesn't work, please either post again in this thread or Private Message me and I'll investigate further.

Shinzoabe123
Dabbler

No trust plusney when come to rome. Leve me in singapore in stream with no padels for three time.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) All caps post edited as per Forum rules

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'm in Germany a lot and often find the phone signal patchy even in a large city and I'm not with PN.

It can go from 4G to nothing, to edge without moving - so it's not just you.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
see205

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. 

I am still having issues, so this morning i followed your instructions to reset my network settings, however i am still having the same issues. I have my network on "Automatic selection" however for the last 90 minutes i havent had any signal.

I have tried resetting the phone, taking the sim card out for a few minutes and turning the phone off, and still nothing.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks