cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term member.. am I getting a fair deal?

Sfraser1
Hooked

Long term member.. am I getting a fair deal?

So, been with Plusnet for a wee while now, broadband, 12 monthly SIM for me, Monthly SIM for daughter and looking to get a 3rd SIM for other daughter.
Yesterday I had to upgrade my data as I'm on holiday and running out. However, what I got was not what I thought so ordered.. anyway, a new 12 monthly plan started yesterday, 10GB for £8/month. However, the data didn't restart yesterday so had to pay an extra £10 for a 2GB bolt on.
If I was a new SIM customer with existing Plusnet broadband, I'd get 22GB for £10 monthly rolling contract.
Somehow feel I'm getting a rubbish deal and wish I hadn't gone to the 12 month contract a few years ago for "loyalty" benefits.
Can I cancel my plan change/leave for better deals elsewhere and does anyone know how much it costs to end a contract early?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Long term member.. am I getting a fair deal?

@Sfraser1 

Clearly you are not getting a ‘fair’ deal. I don’t know if you can cancel without charge, you have 14 days from agreeing a contract else the cost is here. https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/early-termination-charges/
If only you had come here and asked this question before you agreed a new contract you would have been advised to ring customer services, I think it’s 500 from mobiles, and selected the I’m thinking of leaving option. You could then have haggled a new contract closer to the new customer deals.
I would still try it and see if you get anywhere.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Sfraser1
Hooked

Cheers. I know, stupid me.
I'll phone tomorrow when I get home. Hopefully the new contract will fall under the 14 days and can cancel that then wait until the existing contract comes to the end and negotiate a better deal.
It's a shame as I value loyalty but clearly these companies don't!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Sfraser1 

Assuming you've agreed to the new deal less than 14 days ago, you'll be able to go back onto your previous agreement, or move onto another deal/leave us with no penalty, if you weren't in a contract.

Our online renewal offers are generally different to what we can offer over the phone, so I'd also recommend calling us either on 500 from your mobile or 0800 079 1133, as I'm sure/hope we'd be able to tempt you with an offer to stay with us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet