cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long delays on 500

clwydian

Long delays on 500

Im writing this to ventilate.  I upgraded my lifemobile account to plusnet. Fine.  They said they would send me a sim card. They did.  They said I shoiuld phone in on 500 to activate it.   12mins later its answerd and Im asked the last four digits of my account number.  What account number.  Then Im asked what was my exact last bill.   Why the BH couldnt I be told what I'd need BEFORE phoning your 'unuusally busy today' line.

Plusnet was built on good customer service right?    

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Long delays on 500

Hi, 

I'm sorry for the delay whilst trying to get through to our call line- we're trying to answer all queries in a quick and sufficient manner. In terms of the questions asked, this is to adhere with the Data Protection Act. They are asked for security purposes in order to access your account. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. -Ashleigh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Long delays on 500

I totally agree I've never been asked  security questions like what's the last two numbers of your sort code and the last four of your account number.

If callers have to find them that's why they are on the phone longer and the queues are getting longer when it was Life the calls were answered very quickly after only a few rings