cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Underground Wifi?

mossywell
Grafter

London Underground Wifi?

Last post was in 2018 (that I can find). Just asking if there has been any progress on this? To be clear, the question is: can I use Plusnet Mobile on the London Underground Wifi? Plusnet oddly never supported it (despite the fact that it works on EE and Plusnet use EE's network) but on one post, said that they might implement it in the future. 

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: London Underground Wifi?

@mossywell 

Plusnet are a budget supplier and only provide a subset of all the EE services. Unfortunately this does not include WiFi calling so it will not work on public WiFi systems.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mossywell
Grafter

Thanks. Strictly speaking, my question wasn't about Wifi Calling (which is a specific use-case of Wifi) - it more more generic than that - it was about only logging into the Wifi on the London Underground - I actually don't mind if I don't have Wifi Calling. As it happens, I called Plusnet and they said that it is not possible to log into the London Wifi anyway, so the answer's the same. 😉 Shame really. Voxi are also a budget supplier (of Vodafone) and they do allow log into the London Underground. I think someone at Plusnet has dropped the ball on this one, personally. Anyway, their loss...

MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Apparently, Vodafone and Voxi no longer support the London Underground WiFi either.

Three supports it, but their budget Smarty service doesn’t.

mossywell
Grafter

They (Voxi) do. I have it. And use it. Works perfectly.

MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for that, that is very interesting.

I know Vodafone dropped support for it earlier this year, as I understood it all of the MVNO’s followed suit but clearly not!