cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked myself out of my phone

Ellen456
Hooked

Locked myself out of my phone

Hi, I tried to secure my phone by extra pin code for sim so it cannot be abused if I lost the phone, and I secured it even from myself. I cannot get in. I tried the PUK code in my account, then it asked for my preferred pin code (tried the one I used to use before), just to see it counts down from 10 attempts for the PUK code, now in my remaining 7 attempts, this code simply not working.

Any help?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Ellen456
Hooked

Re: Locked myself out of my phone

Update: I pulled out the sim and I can use my phone, but in a flight mode (at least I can carry on with word search game, I was on a roll).
I put the SIM card back and the same situation as before. I didn't attempt another PUK code entry.

I guess this is a usual thing, I am not too mobile tecchy. Is my SIM card broken?

Ellen456
Hooked

Why is my own reply counting as someone's reply and removed it from unanswered questions?
I couldn't edit my original post to add extra info.

Can I hope for a quick answer from someone qualified?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 244

@Ellen456 If anyone (even you) adds to a topic, it will move to 'unanswered' but it still shows on the forum, so others can add to it - just as I have done. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your original question, though.

John
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Are you 100% sure the original SIM PIN was changed? You write "extra PIN", not new PIN. I wasn't aware it was possible to add an extra PIN, only change it?

All I can suggest, if the new PIN isn't being recognised, is try using the original. That must have been used in an attempt to change it.

I don't recall ever being requested for the PUK unless the PIN had been entered incorrectly too many times.

Or I could have totally misunderstood the issue!

Ellen456
Hooked

I watched a documentary recently, about new tricks of scammers via unsecured SIM that they can clear people's accounts and that there is an extra security with additional pin code in case the phone was stolen. I wasn't clear whether I changed it so I left it. Couple days later the phone had its hiccup so I restarted it, and from then on I cannot use my SIM, whether I try my original pin (using it for the phone itself without pin) or the default I found for Plusnet, which was 1111. I just cannot use my sim card anymore, or the phone when the sim card is in it. Removing the sim card I can use my phone as usual, but it is just a computer in my hand, no connection with the outside world, only via wi-fi. Luckily, if my sim needs replacing I have all my correspondence and contacts in the phone. Yaay!

Ellen456
Hooked

OK, problem solved. I had to call from a borrowed phone to the customer services. The PUK code I had on my account was wrong. How this is supposed to work for people I don't know. I also created a Twitter account and tried to chat with the company, as prompted on the website. The Twitter said my message wasn't sent, repeatedly. So that route is also killed.
The company should have a dedicated chat section with the customer services so people don't need to create accounts just to face a brick wall like this.

Food for your thought, Plusnet.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm glad you sorted it out Ellen.

For whatever reason, PN ceased their live chat function some time ago.🙄

Ellen456
Hooked

I see. That is one point down in the customer satisfaction score.