cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left plusnet mobile using PAC, confused about these bills afterwards.

Xandros
Dabbler

Left plusnet mobile using PAC, confused about these bills afterwards.

I joined plusnet mobile on the 3rd of May 2017, and was charged £5 via direct debit later that month, all as expected. In my account the bill pdf was listed as 4th of April to the 3rd of May but the the pdf itself states that "Billing period for your monthly plan: 4th May 2017 - 3rd of June 2017" which was correct. A year later on April 28th 2018 I signed up to a different network as they had some features Plsunet don't offer that I now needed. I got a PAC from Plusnet, but I wasn't able to use it until around the 8th of May so I was fully expecting to be charged the full £5 for my plusnet account for the billing cycle of 4th May 2018 - 3rd June 2018, which I was. I was also expecting my account to be closed after I used the PAC, which it doesn't appear to have been (I can still log in, have still been getting billing notifications etc).

This is where it starts to get a bit confusing. I was either expecting plusnet to invoke some 30 day cancellation policy clause so they could keep that final payment I made of £5, or give me a refund of the difference since I only used their network from the 4th to the 8th or 9th of May and not the full month. When the next billing cycle came for the 4th of June to the 3rd of July, I was surprised to see I'd not been charged but instead credited £4.03. I left my direct debit open thinking I'd get that credit refunded to my account, but it wasn't.

I got yet another bill notification the other day for the period of 4th June to the 3rd of July which stated there were no charges, but upon looking at the pdf in my account it's saying I was charged £4.03. This is why I'm confused; as far as I can tell from all this, I used my PAC early May a few days into the billing cycle, then was charged £5 for 4th May to 3rd of June even though I was only using the network for less than a week or so in that period. Then you refunded me the difference of £4.03 for the period 4th June to 3rd of July. Then charged me £4.03 for the period of 4th July to 3rd of August even though notification said there were no charges.

Am I getting this £4.03 refund or not? Direct debit used to be taken on or around the 15th of the month so I waited for that to roll past just in case I did get a refund but, no, nothing has gone into my account. Would appreciate someone looking into this for me. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Left plusnet mobile using PAC, confused about these bills afterwards.

Moderators Note.
Post released from spam
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Xandros,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated. 

Your monthly line rental is charged in advance and your usages are charged in arrears. If you placed 30 days notice of termination onto the account and seen this notice period through, you would receive a partial refund. This would be from the advanced monthly line rental when the 30 days notice period ended, to when the next bill is produced on the account.  

I'm sorry Xandros, but as you ported your number out during this period, this is a breach of contract therefore, any credit on the account is not owed back to you. 

If you would like me to take a look into your account to confirm any information, be sure to send me a Private Message.

- Rebeka 

Xandros
Dabbler

Figured as much that you'd "invoke some 30 day cancellation policy" to keep the money.

Oh well not going to miss plusnet, or BT and EE quite frankly. Bubye!