cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIFE Mobile price increase

PeteIOW
Hooked

LIFE Mobile price increase

OK, lets get this out of the way - this is about a penny !

However,

My LIFE mobile contract was the Low user £4.95 per month, as was my wife's. As I'm sure all other LIFE mobile customers were told, our contracts would be the same with PLUSNET mobile.

My wife's first Pnet bill went online, £4.96, so I queried it via live chat. I was told that it was because of a change in VAT. I said that was clearly not correct. The guy then said it had obviously been an error, and he would refund the 1p. I told him that it was an issue that may effect other LIFE customers, and he may wish to flag it up. 1p may not be much, but for every LIFE customer ? He replied that 50,000 extra customers had moved to Plusnet from LIFE.

My Maths make that £500 extra revenue for 'No change'.

Then at the weekend, my Bill went online, AGAIN £4.96 !

I had already compared the LIFE bills and the new Plusnet ones.

LIFE stated basic cost per month £4.12, which after 20% VAT total £4.95.

PLUSNET had basic cost £4.13, so after VAT £4.96.

Again, via live chat I queried my bill. This time, I was offerred a 12p refund for the whole year, but I again said this was a principle effecting all LIFE customers.

This time I was told that the issue was that LIFE rounded down to the nearest penny, while PLUSNET rounded up ! I again said that this was not correct, as the change had been to the basic monthly cost.

I was told that my issue had been passed to the Operations team, who would contact me.

To date they have not done so. I wonder if all ex LIFE mobile customers have or will have this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LIFE Mobile price increase

Hi @PeteIOW

You're correct about the mistake being on our end, and I'm sorry you've been misadvised in the past. This was a rounding error, which we're working to have fixed by next billing date for our customers, so this doesn't happen again and any customers that were affected by this higher bill are eligible for a refund for the 1p over charge.  

If you send me a Private Message we can look into arranging a call back for you. 

PeteIOW
Hooked

Re: LIFE Mobile price increase

Thanks Emily

I don't need a Private Message, if this is to be resolved as you describe. I'm sure other LIFE mobile transferees will notify you if the issue is not resolved.

I certainly will do so on here, and report it as fixed when it is 🙂