Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V10 H901 Won't Register on Network

namastebuzz
Hooked

LG V10 H901 Won't Register on Network

Hi All

JUst bought a lovely new LG V10 (H901). Ok, it's a nearly 3yr old model but it's a cut above most of the phones I've used.

It's a US T-Mobile model but should be unlocked AFAIK and is compatible with all the 2/3/4G bands that EE uses in the UK.

Popped in my plusnet sim and it won't register on the network and although it shows some reception - it only allows emergency calls and won't send texts.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
namastebuzz
Hooked

Re: LG V10 H901 Won't Register on Network

I checked the IMEI# and it's CLEAN according to T-Mobile USA and the phone is unlocked according to the unlocker app installed on it.

namastebuzz
Hooked

When you go into settings > mobile networks > select a network Plusnet 4G comes up but the phone fails to register on it when you try.

One time Plusnet 3G came up and the phone did register and I was able to make a call. Subsequently though, although several bars are showing, it always says emergency calls only and the phone will no longer register to the network when I try.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi namastebuzz,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry, but we cannot guarantee that our SIM cards will work in a foreign handset, as they are primarily designed to be used in a UK handset. 

It has been found on other threads that customers are using foreign handsets and are able to receive partial services such as, calls but not texts etc... If this happens, we wouldn't be able to provide any support for this. 

To rule out whether it is a SIM or handset issue, I would advise to try the SIM in a UK handset and unlocked to all networks. The Plusnet SIM also has to be the first SIM inserted into the handset once unlocked. Whether the handset has been bought unlocked or not, If any other network SIM has been inserted into the handset first, the handset can lock to the network of that SIM. 

- Rebeka 

namastebuzz
Hooked

Thanks Rebeka

Appreciate the response.

Yes, of course, It's my own risk if I buy a non UK handset and expect it to work on Plusnet. However, we've had 4 or 5 Chinese phones that were never officially sold or intended for the UK which have worked fine.

The phone has worked with both calls and texts but only intermittently so it's clearly unlocked and it is compatible with all the 2/3/4G bands that Plusnet uses.

I'll try swapping in different sims and see what happens then report back.

namastebuzz
Hooked

SOLVED!

Got into the hidden/service menu menu by using *#546368#*901#

Saw loads of stuff that I didn't understand but found one option about connecting automatically to networks that was switched "off" so I set it to "on".

Hey presto! When I came back out the phone registered on the network straight away and works fine on 4G for data too.

Cheesy

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi namastebuzz,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away from the office. 

It's great to hear you're all up and running now. 

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask away!

- Rebeka Smiley