cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ported over this afternoon

cappismum
Dabbler

Just ported over this afternoon

I am in the UK but mobile is showing roaming and Orange on the sim management screen!

Roaming is switched off, I have had a couple of incoming calls on the correct number. 

Should I be concerened re the roaming?

7 REPLIES 7
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Just ported over this afternoon

What's your rough location?

cappismum
Dabbler

I am in south wales and still roaming this morning.  I dont want a huge bill.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi cappismum!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! 

The SIM will try to connect to the closest local mast that is available, if the mast is a little further afield, it may pick up other networks that are classed as roaming.

Can you manual search for networks? This may help in connecting to the EE network that we currently use. 

Also, as you've recently ported, I would advise to re-boot your handset, you can do this by the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

This will refresh the signal to the SIM card and any changes made will be applied.

I understand you have turned roaming off on your handset however, If you could send me a private message, I can also turn international and roaming access off on your account, if it isn't already and this will ensure that you don't incur any charges. If you do plan to go on holiday and wish to roam in the future, you can always contact us and we'll switch that back on for you!

- Rebeka 

RCCM

Hi Rebeka

Apparently Plusnet have 'hit a snag' with my number porting and weren't able to complete this yesterday as promised. As my old number is now out of action since yesterday, this is causing me significant problems.  

Can you escalate this to your Operations team please as I need this resolved today.

Thanks for your help

cappismum
Dabbler

Hi

I tried the reboot and search and I am still on Roaming.  I have received calls but darent make any!!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi cappismum,

If you send me a private message with your account details, I can turn international and roaming access off on your account so that you won't incur any extra charges.

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RCCM,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! 

I'm really sorry to hear that your port has been delayed! If you've received a message notifying you of this, rest assured, the Operations Team will already be aware and will be working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

You can find further information regarding this here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Mobile-Number-Porting-What-You-Need-To-Know/td-p/1401914

- Rebeka