Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Becoming a Mobile Customer

pshack78
Hooked

Issues Becoming a Mobile Customer

IMG_20210607_184722.jpgHello

On Monday 7 June I tried to sign up for a sim only deal. So far so good.

Upon checking out I was greeted with a card payment error, truncated as follows: "there seems to be a problem with your card payment services, there have been no payments taken".

A bit odd I thought so I called customer services. They checked and confirmed nothing had been taken and to try again. I then try two more times, with the same result (screenshot available).

After doing this three times and three times checking the details I was entering for accuracy I proceeded to contact Starling Bank. My card provider. They gave me the authorisation codes for all three transactions at £10 each and confirmed that the money had been taken (excellent service on their part!).

I have the authorisation codes in writing.

At this point I was getting pretty annoyed with Plusnet. Again, for the second time I spoke with someone, who actually appeared to check my query based on all the information I have. After putting me on hold, he came back and confirmed that the payments were at a "hidden state" on the Plusnet systems. I was then informed that he would raise a ticket for someone to get back to me, once I explained I have the authorisation codes.

On both phonecalls I made trying to address this issue it was insinuated that the error was all on my part and that I was probably entering incorrect information. Based on all the above, the fact I have the authorisation codes for these three £10 transactions and that I also work in financial services for a bank, I'm of the opinion that Plusnet is at fault.

I'm still waiting for anyone to contact me and I'm also waiting for my 3 X £10 transactions to be reversed.

Nearly two weeks later.

This is very poor service on Plusnets part.

Even after all this, providing someone can take ownership of this problem I'm having to resolution, I would still like to be a Plusnet mobile customer.

Please also note however, I do not want to be 'fobbed off'. I would like someone who actually knows what they are doing to sort this please. Including getting a successful transaction through.

Thank you

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
pshack78
Hooked

Re: Issues Becoming a Mobile Customer

No response from anyone so dealing with this directly via a Plusnet manager, over the phone. Please close or delete.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Issues Becoming a Mobile Customer

Thanks for your post @pshack78 

I'm sorry for the issues you've had signing up to our mobile service and apologies for the delayed staff response.

Has the manager you've spoken to sorted this out for you now? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet