Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issued with used PAC

FIXED
szaman81
Grafter

Issued with used PAC

Recently I have been having technical issues with my number - unable to receive calls. Fault finding was taking ages and I decided to leave Plusnet with PAC to Vodafone(PAYG) and return to Plunset with PAC. Ported in fault free and no issues at all, took 2 working days to port in my number which I didn't mind.

I was offered a better deal by EE last week. I requested for PAC and I was still within 14 days cooling off period. I called EE to port in a number and issued them with PAC, the PAC would not go through the system. Guess what? I have been issued with PAC which I already used when I ported out to Vodafone. I called Plusnet explained the situation and I was told this is the only PAC the system is generating. PAC expiry date is 24th May 2018 and I have been advised by Plusnet to call them on 25th May for a new PAC after the exipry of the last one.

This is ridicilous, I am sure there is a be better system out there.

Good thing is I have been advised by Plusnet that my line rental would be refunded and I am hoping they keep to their words.

Any advice anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Issued with used PAC

Fix

Hi szaman81,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

If you ported out to Vodafone, this would have closed down your account with us. Re-joining, would open up a brand new SIM/account with a new PAC attached to it. 

A PAC lasts 30 days and we cannot generate a new PAC during this timescale. 

Without having looked into the account, I cannot advise if the PAC is attached to the new account, or the number itself. 

If you would like me to take a further look into this for you, be sure to send me a Private Message with your details and I'll do my best to help. 

- Rebeka Smiley

szaman81
Grafter

This all sorted now.

I would like give a big thank you to Rebeka for helping me out today.

Thanks a million Rebeka and I appreciate it.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

You're welcome, glad I could help!

- Rebeka Smiley