cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with new mobile account

StevePN
Dabbler

Issue with new mobile account

I've just started a new mobile account with Plusnet and transferred my mobile number from my old provider.

I had an email on Wednesday (1st June) saying everything had been set-up, and the port will be complete by midnight.

Currently, I've still not got 4G access and am unable to make calls / receive texts.

I've been through all the basic troubleshooting as suggested on this site and haven't got anywhere yet.

Any suggestions?

31 REPLIES 31
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Issue with new mobile account

Hi Steve,

I'm really sorry to see your mobile doesn't work after porting your number to us. 

It looks like you've rang us yesterday and an adviser's raised this off for further investigation for you.

We'll update you as soon as we know more, but feel free to post back if you need any further help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andyb1968
Dabbler

wouldnt hold out much hope, im without any service for 2 days now, no one willing to help, have no phone service,

mine was supposed to come over yesterday, but my old provider went down sunday, 2 days and ignored. will be making an official complaint

StevePN
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf for the reply.

I managed to get through to someone on the phone, but I was a little disappointed with the fact they seemed to have no idea about porting issues, especially with the volume of recent issues of ports on these forums!

I'm self-employed and rely on both my phone and data plan for work, so having it out for almost a week now is incredibly disruptive - If there's any way to hurry it along it would be much appreciated!

andyb1968
Dabbler

they just dont seem to care, have left negative reviews on review sites. warning to avoid plusnet, not one person has offered me help on here, they just dont care, so will be getting payg sim today and will sort this out and will leave, the company is a joke

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @andyb1968,

I'm really sorry for the delay with your port. We absolutely haven't ignored you, we're just a little busy at the moment. We do though track every delayed port internally and we work with the relevant people to complete them as soon as possible. If you can PM me your full name and mobile number, I'll be happy to take a closer look for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StevePN
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf - I'm now on day 8 of no service after the port failed on 1st June.

Any updates?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya Steve, I'm so sorry that you are still experiencing issues and not had any further update on this, I'd like to do what I can to help . Could you please pop me over a PM with your mobile number and full name so I can take a further look at this for you. 

(to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
StevePN
Dabbler

@LaurenB @Gandalf Now on day 12 of no service after switch.

Any updates?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Steve,

I'm really sorry to see your mobile still doesn't work following the port completing. 

I've chased this up now and as soon as I know more, I'll let you know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Steve,

Our porting team's raised a request to refresh the profile on our suppliers side. 

I don't know how long this will take but will keep an eye for further updates and let you know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @StevePN 

It looks like my colleague in our porting team has spoken to you just now and you're able to receive calls now, but can't make them still, so we've escalated this with our suppliers. As soon as we know more, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andyb1968
Dabbler

your not alone, on phone yet again to plusnet

StevePN
Dabbler

@Gandalf @LaurenB 

Now on day 16 of no service.

Told Tuesday on the phone it would be fixed in the next few hours, and I should expect a call the next day (Wednesday) to confirm it's all working.

No call or fix...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really sorry Steve. I've chased this up with our porting team now and will let you know when I hear back. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet