Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any news on short code SMSs

SirLurkalot
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Is there any news on short code SMSs

Being unable to employ these short-codes is an odd restriction. Any chance of this changing ?

3 REPLIES 3
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Is there any news on short code SMSs

@SirLurkalot wrote:

Being unable to employ these short-codes is an odd restriction.

It's not an "odd restriction", it's a downright stupid lack of a facility available to every other primary- and secondary-tier mobile provider that I'm aware of. It gives PlusNet no benefits whatever and it's a major disadvantage to many users (and would-be users). It's a muddle-headed gotcha that in general you don't become aware of until you are caught out by it, that seems designed only to make people leave.

Long past time it was fixed. But can anyone point to any single complaint, problem or wish that PN have fixed in the last 7 or 8 months of existence? It's all very well having Customer Advisors frequenting this board and doing their very best as they do, but when the company is bloody-minded enough to just sit on its hands it's hard to see what they can achieve.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi SirLurkalot!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

There are no plans at present to make any changes to the short-code system however, this has been raised and fed back to the relevant team who are aware.

If any changes are made in the future, we'll be sure to let our customers know!

- Rebeka Smiley

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@quelquod Actually Sky don't support them either, if they did I might have jumped ship to them as they do a £5 sim as well (for TV subscribers) as O2 are slightly better for coverage where I am.