cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a service issue with mobile at the moment?

dbritt

Is there a service issue with mobile at the moment?

My iPhone 6 has simply lost service, with no explanation - have taken sim out and installed, reset network settings, restored phone - still no good. Assistance required please.

8 REPLIES 8
rogill
Dabbler

Re: Is there a service issue with mobile at the moment?

Morning 

As far as I know there are no issues with service so it might be best to ring plusnet from say a landline or another mobile.

As I am new to plus net mobile I don't know if there is any way of checking service status.

Do you have any way of trying your sim in another mobile ?

If I can find out anything I will reply again but I wouldn't (or my husband wouldn't) change too many settings on your phone until you have contacted them.

Sorry not much help I'm afraid

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

PlusNet use the EE network, so a good start is the EE Network status checker https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stevieb1
Hooked

Signal has been dreadful for weeks now , EE insist no faults in this area , getting rather annoying now as I'm often missing calls or receiving messages late . any ideas /suggestions welcome.
notasuch
Dabbler

Hi, I have the exact same issue with my Samsung A5 (2017).  I've had absolutely no service for the last 24 hours. (I'm in Belfast).  Customer service and outage checkers telling me everything is fine.  I've no plusnet signal at all on my phone.

I've tried updates, restarts, taking Sim out etc.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Vincent

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

We're not aware of any issues with the network that could be causing any signal outages.

As @MisterW suggested, I would advise to pop over to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice and check the area for any issues. 

I must advise, that signal can be affected by numerous factors such as, the density of building materials, tree cover, weather conditions and how many people are using the network. 

Having said this, there are some troubleshooting steps you can try. I understand a re-boot has been tried but if possible, could you please try the SIM in another handset that is unlocked to all networks.

- Rebeka 

Stevieb1
Hooked

Thanks for replying from my point all of the above have been tried and with no success ,still loss of signal at various points all around Glasgow area . its frustrating but not the end of the world 😁 .
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I can understand, if you can try a different network non-EE SIM it will help.
They may have a fault in your area.

I have seen it before, your local mast might be down so it is connecting to one further away which might explain why your signal is poor.

If you have friends on a different network for example who live locally, ask them too if they are having issues. See if they're on EE or not.

Stevieb1
Hooked

Seems to be just an issue with EE signal , but as I said its in various areas throughout Glasgow though really bad at home G81 area . EE still insist there are no faults , yet several friends on EE have same issues .