cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet Mobile any good?

olekhabiter7

Is Plusnet Mobile any good?

They’re offering a good deal online, £8 a month for 3.5Gb of data and they let you tether for free too. Tired of the [-Censored-]e signal on three mobile. Think Plusnet uses EE. Anyone got any experience with them? Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
Irmgard

Re: Is Plusnet Mobile any good?

I have just switched to Plusnet mobile and fear that I have made a terrible mistake by going for „best price“. Not only do they activate your SIM card before zip have even received it they send you a SIM card that does not fit your phone. As I ported my old number (which they also did before I received my Sim) I am unable to phone them to complain as I can no longer use the Sim from my old provider, live by myself and have no landline phone. I have now emailed them, only to receive a reply telling me that someone should contact me within 24 hours... just hope that they are not attempting to do so by phone! 
Having looked though the topics on here it seems that they also charge you to send out the correct Sim...what great customer service NOT,

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

The sim thats sent out is a multi sim. It's a standard size sim card with press outs for nano and micro size sims.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

japitts
Rising Star

You're right, PlusNet is a virtual provider using EE. Just remember that "using EE" does not equate to "is the same as EE".

The most notable difference is a lack of 4G-voice-calling which restricts access to the 800Mhz coverage band. This can make a difference to signal indoors and in rural areas where it's available.

Irmgard

Thanks Mr W ... I could see the outline of the Stamdard and Micro Sims but not the Nano SIM... have now managed to fit it... 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@japitts wrote:

You're right, PlusNet is a virtual provider using EE. Just remember that "using EE" does not equate to "is the same as EE".

The most notable difference is a lack of 4G-voice-calling which restricts access to the 800Mhz coverage band. This can make a difference to signal indoors and in rural areas where it's available.

Quite so, which is why there's a separate coverage checker to EE's for Plusnet.

https://www.plus.net/mobile/coverage-checker

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@Irmgard wrote:

Thanks Mr W ... I could see the outline of the Stamdard and Micro Sims but not the Nano SIM... have now managed to fit it... 

No problem, happy to have been of help

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.