cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet Mobile any good?

jasmikelos9

Is Plusnet Mobile any good?

They’re offering a good deal online, £8 a month for 3.5Gb of data and they let you tether for free too. Tired of the [-Censored-]e signal on three mobile. Think Plusnet uses EE. Anyone got any experience with them? Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Plusnet Mobile any good?

Welcome to the Forum  jasmikelos9

I have been with PlusNet and Life mobile before for many years and found them to be very good

PlusNet do use EE but like all networks it depends where you live what signal you receive

What you need to know if you use 5 digit short text numbers PlusNet do not allow these you will receive them but cannot reply  

If you click on Mobile on the top of this page then click on Sim Only Deals you will see some very good deals  

2.5 GB  Data U/L Mins U/L Texts   £6

7 GB     Data U/L Mins U/L Texts   £8

10GB   Data  U/L Mins U/L Texts   £10

If you are a PlusNet Broadband users you get an extra 2GB Data

All 30 day contracts so it is easy to leave if you are not happy

I would give it a try

HD

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I would try them out.

If you want to keep your existing number then ask your current provider for a PAC code.

I'd get a SIM from them first, try it out first. See what the reception is like.

If you're happy then give PlusNet your PAC code.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

PlusNet do use EE but like all networks it depends where you live what signal you receive

PlusNet do use the EE network but don't have access to the 800Mhz(Band 20)

Make sure you use the PlusNet coverage checker https://www.plus.net/mobile/coverage-checker and not the EE one as the PN one makes adjustment for the lack of Band 20 4g coverage

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Don't do it if you use short codes, PN do not support it. So unable to reply to the increasing number of  banking uses, replying to hospital notifications, etc.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Not supporting short codes is a good thing in my opinion.

Years ago, on my mobile I had reverse charged texts. Nope I haven't voted on ITV for someone who I don't know 4 years ago who might be a celebrity

So I was scammed for about £1 per month, nice work for those people (trying not to swear here), multiply by it with a few hundred people, or maybe thousands.

So this is what the scammers do, nick a paaannd from your mobile account, unlikely you'll notice. Then move on to a couple of hundred of people more.

I won't get started on what I think of those people, I would definitely break the swear filter there.