Did you mean: 

Intermittent data dropouts

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Intermittent data dropouts

Hi @scubamad,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing but unfortunately we're unable to send this over to our operations team for further investigation unless we have three examples in the following format:

Example
Date:
Time:
Service Attempted:
Phone Number:
Error that occurred:

Ideally, please also provide the postcode that you were at when attempting the service, as this will help with the investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
scubamad
Grafter

Thanks for that, as I've explained a couple of times this is not physically possible

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us @scubamad.

I'm afraid without three examples it would be difficult for us to pass this on to our OPS team as they will request further examples. I appreciate that this may not be ideal for yourself but we do need three examples.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
scubamad
Grafter

For you it is difficult, for me impossible.

So I guess my choice is live with a patchy service or move elsewhere

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @scubamad I am deeply sorry about the issues you are consistently experiencing with your mobile connection. 

The reason why we request these examples is that having checked your account and service status, everything appears to be active. There's no issue we can identify on our system to showcase the network connection problems you have been experiencing.

What we do with the examples, is we forward this across to the EE Network Team who check into your local MAST and pinpoint out the issues using the examples you have provided to us. If they can see that there is a trend with the reported issue, we can work on resolving this matter and restoring your services.

Without these examples, unfortunately, there is not much we can action to help resolve this issue. The three examples need to at least within a 48 hours time, and each example must be at least two hours apart from one another. If you can forward these examples to us, we will raise the task with our Mobile Operations Team, so they can look into the issue for you.

What I can also do is Private Message you a full detailed instruction of diagnosing any network issue that is caused by your mobile handset. The information would be lengthy, however, it will root out any network cause that could be occurring due to your mobile handset and this way we can rest assured the issue is definitely caused by a network problem. Please let me know if you require these instructions, I will happily forward this onto you.

Kind regards.

scubamad
Grafter

Thanks.

I understand why you need the data, I work in the IT industry and frequently have to deal with comms issues.

You as an organisation seem to be struggling to understand why it is physically impossible for me to provide it.

To reiterate:-

• At home: I get virtually no service so trying to find examples of faulty service cannot happen. Is the lack of connection caused by a problem or the general [-Censored-] service I get at home?
  • At work: I don't have time during the day to use my phone enough find examples of faulty service
  • On my commute: I commute twice a day; once to work, once to home. So that gives four journeys max in 48 hours. This is an intermittent problem that only occurs about one in four journeys - so on average it is going to take me between 9 and 12 commutes to pick up 3 samples. 12 commutes equates to eight days including weekends.

So constantly asking for the same thing is futile, I cannot provide it. You either need to give me a way to provide the data you need or we admit defeat.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@scubamad,

Unfortunately, we need information to raise it to the signal team (and MVNO) to be able to find out if this is a network issue with ourselves, or if it's a coverage issue related to other factors. 

Indoor coverage, or commute coverage (particularly on a train) could be hindered by the inability for the signal frequencies we're able to use on the spectrum, bad weather conditions, topography, physical obstructions (such as buildings with thick walls or you being underground), or an unusually high number of people using our network at the same time or in the same place.