cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent data dropouts

scubamad
Grafter

Intermittent data dropouts

Does anyone else have this problem? I regularly will get a good 4G connection that does not allow me to connect to anything. This happens about a quarter of the time on my commute.

I also regularly get a message saying that my provider has disabled data access, this tends to mainly happen in a couple of places but can happen randomly elsewhere.

I suspect what is happening is EE is prioritising direct customers and therefore Plusnet customers get a second-rate connection.

21 REPLIES 21
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Intermittent data dropouts

Hi @scubamad, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your data dropping out. Does this issue only occur when you are commuting or do you find the issue happening while you're also at home e.t.c?

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
scubamad
Grafter

It happens whilst commuting or stationary in the office EC3 - I don't get good enough service at home to even attempt to use the data on the phone

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @scubamad

It does sound off that you are experiencing poor signal.

Can you please PM me your mobile number and model of your phone?

Kind Regards

scubamad
Grafter

Any news on this? - I sent you the required details yesterday

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for passing this information along @scubamad,

There doesn't appear to be any outstanding issues on the account that could be causing this issue.

We just need to run through some trouble-shooting first, could you go onto your settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > Access point names > tap menu or the three dots and then enter this information:

• Name: Plusnet Internet
  • APN: everywhere
  • Username: eesecure
  • Password: secure
  • MMSC: http://mms/
  • MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
  • MMS Port: 8080
  • Authentication Type: PAP
  • APN Type - You might be given a list to choose from, or asked to type something in. If it's a list, choose internet+MMS. If you're asked to type something in, type a * on its own

And then save this information.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

scubamad
Grafter

All entries match already.

Three minutes to download this page despite 2 bars (50%) coverage.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @scubamad

Can you please confirm if you have attempted to use your sim in another 4G phone?

If you have already attempted this and received the same results can you please provide 3 examples of when this is happening and what you are attempting to do.

Examples:
Example 1
Date:
Time:
Service Attempted:
Phone Number:

Error that occurred:

Example 2
Date:
Time:
Service Attempted:
Phone Number:

Error that occurred:

Example 3
Date:
Time:
Service Attempted:
Phone Number:

Error that occurred:

Can you please provide these examples via PM and we will send these off for you straight away for investigation.

Please be aware that the examples need to be collated within 48 hours and a minimum of 2 hours apart from one another.

Kind Regards

scubamad
Grafter

Hi

I will send you the info as soon as I can, however as I am sure you realise I can only log intermittent problems

1. When they happen
  2. When I happen to be using data services on my phone
  3. and when I am in a position to make adequate notes, for instance not when driving.

It may therefore take a while to get three samples to you

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @scubamad,

That's no problem at all, I appreciate that with it being an intermittent issue you may not be able to gather the examples immediately.

Please add another comment to this thread once you've been able to send the examples via PM and we'll pick this back up and investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
scubamad
Grafter

Hi Guys

Sorry I've not been able to get a third example to you not had the opportunity recently, have you found anything out from the examples I have sent?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @scubamad 

I'm afraid that the team we send these over to are unable to accept requests to investigate without 3 completed examples. 

We would need 3 exampled within a 48 hr period, 2 hours apart from each other to request an investigation to be conducted I'm afraid. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

scubamad
Grafter

The chances of that being possible with an intermittent problem are virtually nil.

I have virtually no service at home so an example cannot be obtained there, I don't get time to test at work so effectively the only times I can get examples of the problem is on my commute and realistically it is not going to happen in three out of four journeys.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

I do understand where you are coming from @scubamad 

As this appears to be happening in multiple locations, there is a chance that it's not network related - but without being able to send off the examples we wouldn't be able to confirm whats going on. 

If you can get three examples (even in different locations, eg: home - commuting 0 work) in the same day (within a 48 hr period tops) then send them over and we will get them off for investigation. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

scubamad
Grafter

Sorry that is just impossible.

• Home - no or little service
  • Commute only two per day
  • Work - don't have time to use my phone sufficiently to identify a problem has occured