Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial setup quick questions

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Initial setup quick questions

Just got my sims today, when I signed up I already gave  my pac codes so do I need to still text to the port number or is this going to happen automatically? Also, I ordered two sims for two devices and gave the codes for each. Does it matter which sim I put in each phone?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Initial setup quick questions

Put what SIM in what phone you like, as long as they're not locked you should be fine.

The porting process may take a couple of days, I would keep using your existing SIMs for the meantime and only when your phones complain that the current SIM is not valid, then change it. They'll basically be disconnected from your old network and your handset will moan at you.

Put new SIMs in to what whatever handset you like and the port should be complete.

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Alex, I thought the new sim would have needed to be active and in a phone to complete. I've had an email this morning saying I need to contact PN as there is an issue with the port number. I'll get in touch with help and support and see what the issue is.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

We can always assist here on the forums too, 

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

No problem Michael, I've been in touch with H&S, they are going to try the pac codes again today. If I have any further issues I'll pop back in here.