cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased data usage

Heatha
Dabbler

Increased data usage

Hi, I'm new to plusnet Sim only and a bit confused. For what ever reason, even though nothing has changed in my usage from normal, my data allowance is disappearing at an accelerated rate.
In the past 5 years I have never used over 4gb in a month. This was with EE and then ID mobile for last 4 months. Now in only a few days with plusnet I've used 1.5gb and will probably end up way over by end of month. If anything I'm using my data less than previous. Have I missed something?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Increased data usage

Don’t know what phone you have but if it’s an Android look in Settings > Data Usage and scroll down the page there and it will show what Apps are using your data with the heavy users at the top of the list.

Gives you some idea of where your data going.

MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Good afternoon, Heatha!

We total up your data usage as a whole for each day, and you can see this daily use in the Mobile 'My Account' section of our website, but we cannot provide a full breakdown of your traffic for you. I'd recommend looking into handset applications or features that can track this for you in more detail.

I'd suggest staying aware of any background updates, and of your mobile data being left on when you're not actively using it. Beyond this, you may find that if you have moved from 3G to 4G, you have been able to use your data at a faster speed, using more in a shorter time

Thanks for getting in touch and don't hesitate to give us a call (for free on 500 on your plusnet SIM, or start a Live Chat at https://www.plus.net/mobile/) if you'd like to discuss your usage, your tariff options, or bolting-on data temporarily. Smiley

Heatha
Dabbler

All very strange, I'll keep an eye on things. Main uses have been YouTube and Facebook but again this is no different to before and I haven't been using the phone any more.
I had 4g with both ID mobile and ee so it's not that.