cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompetence or lack of concern for customers?

Fin

Incompetence or lack of concern for customers?

I called weeks ago to change my plan from the £5 to the £6 'roam like at home' plan. I checked in passing tonight and discovered that I had not been moved onto the new plan and nobody told me!!! I called up and spent 30 minutes waiting to speak to an agent who although helpful has not put me at ease. I am off to Spain on Monday and am very uneasy. Please can an agent confirm that :

1. Roaming is switched on, on my account and
  2. that I can roam in Spain on my plan and 
  3. that the move to the £6 plan is underway.

No moaning yet until I see how you respond to a customer in need.

Thanks

Fin

7 REPLIES 7
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Incompetence or lack of concern for customers?

The changes apply from your next billing date, have you passed that since you requested the change?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Fin!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I can certainly help with any queries that you have.

1. Roaming is switched on, on my account and

All of our tariffs come with Roam Like At Home and roaming services are automatically switched on from when the account becomes live.

2.  that I can roam in Spain on my plan and 

Spain is one of the EU countries that is included in Roam Like At Home, which means you can use your bundle allowance when roaming.

3.  that the move to the £6 plan is underway.

If you have changed from a 3G to a 4G tariff, this will take effect after midnight on the day of processing this request however, if you have changed from a 4G to 4G, this will not take effect until your next bundle refresh date. 

Of course, I can double check all this information for you, just send me a Private Message with your details, and I'll be more than happy to look into this. 

- Rebeka 

Fin

Hi Rebecca

I have sent you a PM

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks!

I'll pick this up there.

- Rebeka 

Osborne82

Same thing happened to me my refresh date was yesterday my account still showing old allowance.
Also my data has been turned off and customer care lied . Spoke to them twice with very little help. Still no data today so that's two days I'm paying for a service but not getting
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Osborne82!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear that your tariff is yet to adjust, if you have changed from a 3G to 4G tariff, this will take effect at midnight the night the tariff change was requested however, If you have changed from a 4G to 4G tariff, this will not take effect until your next bundle refresh date.

We would need to pass security with you on the account to process any actions such as turning off your data, as this is a manual process. So, if you could send me a Private Message, I can certainly look into any reasons as to why this may have been put into action or any issues with the account that could be effecting this. 

In the meantime, you can always pop over to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice and check to see if there are any issues in the area or re-boot your handset by completing the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on

It's important to disconnect the SIM from the handset entirely, to ensure it can re-establish a connection with the network upon re-boot. 

- Rebeka 

Osborne82

I've tried sim out countless times its not working.
I've sent you a pm thanks
Osborne82