cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls from other Networks being barred

han911128

Incoming calls from other Networks being barred

Hi,

I used to be on Life Mobile until it has just been taken over by plusnet.

Since yesterday 03.12.16 calls & texts from other networks (incoming calls)are not coming through.(virgin) When they try to call my number it says "calls to this number are barred" i have an iPhone. I have switched the phone off, taken out the sim, reset network settings, reset all settings and checked my blocked users list. 

I do receive calls from other plushet users and can make outgoing calls 

Help I'm not sure what to do next !

8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Incoming calls from other Networks being barred

Either wait in the hope that someone from PN sees your post and takes some action, or give them a call or get onto Chat to get them to sort it.

Its likely to have been an issue porting the number.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi han911128,

We are aware that at the moment Virgin have blocked numbers starting 074 due to fraud reasons. Our Operations Team over at Head Office are currently in talks with Virgin to get this resolved.

- Rebeka Smiley

bales1983
Grafter

EDIT: as stated above lol, im too slow these days!

From experience of my days working for EE this was often caused by the other end ie Virgin Mobile. Its been a while but i recall it was due to certain number blocks not being added to inclusive tarrifs etc. Would be a little strange if they were able to call you when you were with Life and had no number chnages during the switch. Have you had success with any other network calling you? Odd considering both Virgin and Plusnet are MVNO's hosted on the EE network but could be the problem Smiley

rtree

Hi han911128

I’m new to the forum and I’m very surprised there has only been one posting concerning this issue, as it appears to be widespread. My account was transferred from Life Mobile to Plusnet recently, since then I have discovered that my husband’s mobile calls, my son’s and daughter in laws calls have been barred. All three use Virgin Mobile as their service provider. I have no difficulty receiving calls from any other provider, mobile or landline. Plusnet has informed me by email that the problem is associated with Plusnet numbers beginning  074. Strangely, Life Mobile did not encounter the same problem. Plusnet’s  initial response was to suggest a time period of 5 working days, to resolve this matter. Now they cannot provide a date when it will be successfully resolved. Fortunately, I’m on a rolling contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rtree,

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with barred calls from Virgin Mobile. We've investigated into this and we can confirm the issue stands via Virgin Mobile's end. You'll need to inform your family to contact their provider to raise this further and Virgin will be able to resolve the issue for them. Customers who have been in touch with Virgin so far have stated that Virgin are classing our numbers as 'Premium Rate' numbers, although they're just standard UK mobile numbers; so I can assure you they'll be able to fix the issue. Smiley -Ashleigh

RJM
Rising Star

Here is is list mobile prefixes - in case anybody is interested:

http://www.area-codes.org.uk/mobile/

rtree

Hi Ashleigh

Thank you for response. Unfortunately, over the past 7 days I have received several responses from Plusnet, which further add to my confusion. The facts that are known are, I had no problem receiving mobile calls from Virgin customers to my number, when Life Mobile was my mobile service provider. Shortly after my service provider became Plusnet my mobile calls from Virgin customers who wished to contact me were informed that my number had been blocked. As  Plusnet team  members appear to have various explanations for the cause of this, adds to my confusion, especially when Virgin Mobile tells their customers, which is three members of my family, “why should we all of a sudden block your calls to Plusnet when we did not block them to Life Mobile” I’m beginning to think of the old adage “it’s not me mate that is responsible for your problem” It leads me to believe that I may have to involve a third party to investigate this issue to obtain a clear and concise answer. Sadly, I was once a “valued customer of Life Mobile” since my contract was transferred to Plusnet it appears the “value” aspect has disappeared.

RJM
Rising Star

Virgin Mobile have done this before.

I am pretty sure they "blocked" a new release of "EE" mobile numbers at the beginning of 2016.