cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to lock the sim

frankc52
Grafter

I want to lock the sim

Why are people on the mobile help line who are not aware of it being good practice to lock your sim so it can't be used if found or stolen? The problem is the sim has a lock number that needs to be entered so it can be changed. You get three goes and then its a new sim.

The people I have spoken to on the phone say my phone is locked when its not I just want to enter a four digit lock code. Im getting quite close to cancelling if I get anymore disinformation....

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: I want to lock the sim

Hia,  As its on the EE network, wonder if its  1111 to  get in to set up your own code, as you say you have 3 goes so may be worth a try.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4g-network/EE-default-SIM-PIN/td-p/8094

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

According to the second post in this thread  the default SIM code is ether 0000, 1111 or 1234; so, three choices and three attempts ... provided you type each one correctly, you should be OK Undecided .... but don't blame me if it goes wrong!

frankc52
Grafter

I would have hoped there would have been a definitive answer from Plusnet 😡😡 it's not looking good as the people on the help line say you can't lock the sim. If that's the case I'm out of here 😡😡😡😡
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

If Plusnet are following BT when they launched their mobile, the staff had no answers to questions like this, they left it for their customers to sort it out by trial and error 

frankc52
Grafter

Well so far I have had lots of disinformation which is just as bad as Virgin Media offshore help line. 😡😡😡😡 its long way from doing us proud.....
Tags (2)
JamesMichell
Dabbler

Suffered the same problem myself. Just discovered that it's 1111

frankc52
Grafter

I did a search and found the answer the same as yours 1111 plusnet said I would need to talk to Apple because they locked the phone. I told a white lie and said I had ☺️ They wanted to send another SIM card (its like pulling teeth) I then as a last ditch tried 1111 and guess what? The sim unlocked, the one they say is not locked. They have not done me proud. Totally hacked off
JamesMichell
Dabbler

Yes, Plusnet really aren't up to speed on this one. The answer is 1111. And the default PIN for the voice mail is 0000. I hope they will get on top of this soon so that a simple question will be answered in an equally simple and accurate way.

firebird1000
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

hi there just done it no probs WinkSmiley