Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I only just found Plus net ....

FIXED
Mungo
Dabbler

I only just found Plus net ....

I was needing more mobile phone minutes and initially ordered an existing customer sim with 3 which had unlimited minutes and texts, and 4 Gb hotspot for £10 pm 12 month contract.

Then via google I came across Plus net offering 500 mins, 1000 texts, 1 Gb data for £5 pm on a 30 day UK only rolling contract. Adding 400 mins to my current 200 min / AYCE data plan was also £5 more.

700 minutes is more than plenty for me, so I cancelled the order with 3 and am now getting this plus net sim instead to stick in an old phone Smiley

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: I only just found Plus net ....

Fantastic, thanks for sharing. Happy to hear you've found an offer that suits you. Thumbs_Up
Let us know if you have any issues or questions.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mungo
Dabbler

Will Plus Net sims work in 2.5g phones?

I accidentally ordered a Nokia 216 for just £28 not realising that the first sim card I had ordered wouldnt work in it (3 sims only work in 3g handsets). I was going to return the phone after it arrived, but if this Plus net sim will work in it I'd rather keep it as none of my old phones have buttons, and Id like a button phone for easier calling. Plus net use EE and I think they work on 2.5g via orange signal but Im not sure.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Fix

@Mungo

Should be fine as Plusnet (via EE) offer 2G ,3G and 4G

You can checker coverage here if need be : https://www.plus.net/mobile/coverage-checker

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mungo
Dabbler

Great. You have no idea how much I currently regret having sold my Sony Ericsson T700 years ago.

Cant find 3/4G candybars anywhere now, at least not for £28.

My Lumia 950 XL also hurts to hold while calling lol.

Mungo
Dabbler

Well crud, I got my sim this morning, but my phone wont be delivered until 6-10 pm as it got put onto DPDs last shipment.

I could pop it into my old Xperia X10 Mini for now, which I already charged and was going to use originally with the 3 sim. Only problem is that the backlight on the qwerty keypad died a long time ago so this phone is useless outdoors, so I will still want the Nokia 216.

I still have 60 minutes left on my data plan so I should be fine for a couple more days

Mungo
Dabbler

Oh this is a lovely phone for just £30, but I should have gotten the one without a selfie camera for £10 less lol.

Nvm, I now have a phone thats actually a phone and nothing else. Yay.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Mungo wrote:

Oh this is a lovely phone for just £30, but I should have gotten the one without a selfie camera for £10 less lol.

Selfies are always good, though Grin

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet