cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei e585 mifi connecting to plusnet as t-mobile but no data connection

FIXED
chump

Huawei e585 mifi connecting to plusnet as t-mobile but no data connection

Just received my sim, stuck it in my iphone 3gs and have no problems with connection or data... BUT

when I put the sim in my huawei e585 mifi unit, it first flashes up "roaming" then shows its connecting to t-mobile... when I say connecting its showing in the display as t-mobile but can get any internet out of it at all.

It works fine with my talktalk sim and works fine with my freedom pop sim.

I dont have to set anything at all, just pop in the sim and away I go, but no joy with the plusnet sim.

Been on to plusnet support but as the mifi isnt supported by them, they dont want to know.

Anyone have any idea at all what the problem might be ?

If no joy then i'll unfortunately have to cancel within the 14 days period as the main use will be in the mifi unit.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Huawei e585 mifi connecting to plusnet as t-mobile but no data connection

Fix

Hi, I had a similar problem with a PN Sim in an unlocked phone. See here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/APN-settings-defaulted-to-ORANGE/m-p/1460030#M5334 . In my case the SIM IMSI appeared to identify it as Orange so it may be that your SIM is identified as T-Mobile and the E585 creates default T-Mobile APN settings. Try creating an EE APN with the settings defined here https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chump

MisterW you are today's hero.

Worked a treat thank you very much. Now up and running.

Still showing t-mobile but not bothered about that, as long as its pumping data through I'm happy.

The person I spoke to on support didnt know who t-mobile are/were and actually terminated the chat mid flow as the mifi isnt supported, so wasnt really interested.

Thanks again for your fast and totally spot on reply.

Chump

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Happy to be of help

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.