cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove adult sites content lock?

FIXED
Jonsaid

Re: How to remove adult sites content lock?

Hi, can you help me remove the content lock?
Thanks.
Adlong78

Hi, I need help in removing the blocked adult content restriction too. Thanks.

carl999

Can you help me remove please
LTS123

Also looking for this to be switched off / removed.

markv
Rising Star

Request FAQ on removing censorship/adult content block

I simply can't believe that customers are required to register for this forum, then post a pointless message to establish a posting history and then make a PUBLIC request to have censorship/adult content lock removed? Are you serious?

Can we get a clear statement/FAQ from Plusnet on this subject. This should be a tick-box on account preferences.

I joined Plusnet Mobile with such enthusiasm only a week ago but have sadly been dissapointed with just about every new discovery since then.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Request FAQ on removing censorship/adult content block

Except you don't have to do any of that, you could simply go to https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only/ and click on live chat or of course call them.

MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hello markv!

You are required to make a post in order to send personal messages. That's a forum feature regardless of what your posts will be about and is there to help protect the inboxes of forum users from spam (among other things). This token post can be anywhere about anything.

We disable age-restricted websites by default on new accounts, but, as pointed out, this is easily lifted by contacting any of our customer service channels. Your options there are dialing 500 for free on your handset, emailing in to mobile-help@plus.net, using the Live Chat feature at https://www.plus.net/mobile/, messaging our Twitter or Facebook pages, or of course, getting in touch through this forum.

This is certainly a possible suggestion for improvement to the 'My Account' preferences section, and I'll be sure to pass it forward. If you have any other questions about the service or your account, feel free to send me a message. Smiley

markv
Rising Star

I understand the need for verifying before posting but was surprised the rather tortuous route I described seemed to be the reccomended way of achieving block removal.

Lots of better ways - thanks for listing them.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I am putting in a request to add an article or section to the help website (www.plus.net/help/mobile/) that will have instructions about this particular issue about the content lock. At the time of writing this, there is no mention of the content lock as far as I can see...

It should be relatively easy to remove the adult content lock by following the above instructions and it would be good to have the ability to change by using the mobile account website.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

ProPuke

This really should be automated
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi ProPuke,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I completely understand that it can be tedious having to post on the public forum in order to send a PM however, whilst adhering to Data Protection in PM, It's important that we to speak to the account holder and go through security procedures in order to gain access to enable/disable this feature.

The community forum is just one contact method of getting in touch with us. We do have other means of contact such as:

• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, S21 and Trustpilot)
  • Email (mobile-help@plus.net)
  • Telephone (500 from your Plusnet handset or 0800 079 1133)

I hope this helps ProPuke! Your input is much appreciated and we will feed this back to the relevant department to help us to improve as a network provider. 

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to help!

- Rebeka Smiley

Can you remove my block please
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi 26301284,

I've tried to respond to your PM however I'm receiving an error message. 

Could please check your settings to ensure that they're set correctly to receive PMs.

Thanks,

- Rebeka 

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@26301284, you will need to verify your email address before being able to send a PM to @RebekaPreston or for her to send one to you.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Mani619

Re: Content lock

Can't send PM. How do I remove the Content Lock? Not sure why it's there if someone who registered is 26 years old. Should be optional when registering.