cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable all forwarding on a Mobile

yorkley
Dabbler

How to disable all forwarding on a Mobile

PN has disabled my Mobile Voice Mail which is what I asked for. But the calls now still follow the forward and cut the caller off after 3 rings.

I called the helpdesk and was told all I could do was to extend the timer to 30 seconds max.

This is not good as the default is 20 seconds and that only rings three times.

What I require is that the VM is disabled and that all forwards are disabled.

I used to be on EE with work and it took me a year to get them to do the above, so I know that it can be done.

If EE can do it then how can I get PN to do it.

I am loosing calls so the service is not much good to me at present.

Does anybody know a way to disable all forwarding or the right person with PN to contact about this?

Also - as forwarding on busy is enabled, how do I get the second call waiting option to work?

Cheers

Bob

25 REPLIES 25
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: How to disable all forwarding on a Mobile

Hello @yorkley we can certainly have a look into this matter and see what we can do to assist you with this.

Please be aware, although we do operate the EE network, there are a few functionalities we cannot support that they can, e.g short-code texting.

Can you please send me a private message with the following details, so we can have a look into this for you:- 

- Your full name

- Your full home address, including your postcode

- Your mobile number

Once you have done this, please comment on this thread so we can continue to further assist you.

Many thanks.

yorkley
Dabbler

Hi

I am still waiting for a reply to this issue.

Thanks

Bob

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response.

We've requested some further information from you via PM.

Once you've responded please post back here and we'll be able to progress your issue

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
yorkley
Dabbler

Can you please give me an update on this issue.

To be honest the service is second rate.

My mobile rings three times and then cuts out - not good me thinks.

The issue is that the VM has been removed but the line still follows the call forwarding.

What is required is ALL call fowarding to be removed.

I know this can be done as my last mobile was with EE and that was done.

This is simple functionality that is afforded to Public Exchanges, all PABX's and mobile networks.

Can you please remove call forwarding so my mobile just rings.

Thank You

Bob

yorkley
Dabbler

Hi again.

I have extended the call forward to 30 seconds.  MMI accepted.

**61*078XXXXXX0555**30#.

The phone now rings 4 times which is not 30 seconds and then cuts off.

I really need to get to the bottom of this as the ring timer does not give me time to get to the phone.

EE can switch off conditional call fowarding as I was with EE before Plusnet.

Can you please confirm that Plusnet is unable to deal with this simple issie as I will have to consider signing up with another provider.

Cheers

Bob

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) redacted mobile phone number as it's a public forum.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @yorkley

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with your service.

Please be aware that we do not offer or have facility for call forwarding on the technology that we use. We don't use the same tech as EE.

We can try and send it over to the network team to have a look but can you please provide 3 examples of when this is happening. It is best to do this on a Sunday as we can only hold them for 48 hours and our operations team aren't open on a weekend.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

yorkley
Dabbler

Hi

OK - so if PN cannot call forward - how do calls go to Voice Mail - they are call forwarded in reality.

Lets assume that PN do not call forward, then I have an issue because my number is being call forwarded to a voice mail number.  If that cannot happen then can you please fix it.

Now for reality - my calls are actually being call forwarded to Voice Mail.  I cannot deactivate that from my phone or by MMI codes.  My Voice Mail is deactivated (my reqest to PN) so calls now cut off after 4 rings.  That is because my number is diverted to a non-existant PN mail box.  I assumed that the deactivation would also include the removal of the conditional call forward.

WHAT I REQUIRE IS THE CALL FORWARD TO BE SWITCHED OFF/DEACTIVATED.

I am a telephone engineer working on numerous systems and all allow call forward to be activated and deativated.

Can you please advise of what actions you are to take and if this requires a Network guru I will respond on Sunday.

Cheers

Bob

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thank you for getting back to us @yorkley.

Calls going to voicemail and call forwarding are two separate types of forwarding, however, there is are some handsets that have a feature that can change your call settings so that your calls are forwarded to voicemail. Could you let us know if you have this turned on or off and changed in your settings?

As voicemail is switched off over our side there should be no call-forwarding to voicemail, it should just ring out. If the settings on your handset don't have call forwarding we'll need to collate three examples over the past 48 hours and at least two hours apart. These examples will then be sent off to our network operations team to investigate further.

Thank you.

yorkley
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick reply.

My phone has call forward activated.

Forward when busy, when unanswered and unreachable are all set to to forward to 078770020555.  This is the PN voice mail.

I have tried to disable these but I always get the error "your support provider does not support disabling call forwarding when your phone doesn't answer".

I can, however, change the destination.

If you wish to call my phone to emulate the issue then please feel free to do so.

The caller gets a clear after 4 rings.

Cheers

Bob

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello, @yorkley just to reassure the issue is not handset related. Have you tried using your SIM card on another handset?

If you still experience the same issue where the handset only rings 4 times before the call is ceased, we will collate examples from yourself and raise the task with our Mobile Operations Team.

Kind regards.

yorkley
Dabbler

Hi

I don't have a nother mobile.

The issue started straight away after the voice mail was deactivated by PN.

Bob

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @yorkley we will raise this task with our Mobile Operations Team to investigate this matter further.

If you can PM us three separate examples of the issue occurring, we can log this onto the webform and raise the task.

The three examples must be all gathered within a 48 hours timeframe and each example must at least be two hours apart.

The examples must include the following details:-

- Date
- Time:
- Service Attempted:
- Phone Number (of the caller that attempted to ring you):

Error that occurred:

Once you have sent me a PM with these details, please comment on this thread so we can continue to assist you with this matter.

Kind regards.

yorkley
Dabbler

Message sent to Dumbledore as follows:-

Hi

Here are is the call issue information you require:-

All on 08/04/19

Incoming call from 078918x5781 at 11.02 - rung three times and then call dropped to caller.

Incoming call from 077651x6315 at 13.06 - as above

Incoming call from 077651x6315 at 15.34 - as above.

I also checked the call forward on my phone again.  It is set to the mobile number for PN voice mail.  As my phone was origonaly working to EE with No VM and no call forwards activated this must have been set by the SIM card.

So I tried to disable the forward and it said the network will not allow this.

So I tried to change the number and the network refused to do this.

At a couple of attempts the phones reported a SIM / Network issue.

OK so far - now - when accessing the call foward on my phones it says disabled and is then updated to have the PN VM number.  So I assume that this is being filled in by either the SIM or the network.

You have my permission to make test calls to my number and that may be a good option for your network guys.

I have had this issue since the PN VM was removed.

To be honest this is not good service as I do not have time to answer the phone before the call drops.

Chers

Bob

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for that @yorkley.

I have now sent this off to our mobile operations team for further investigation. It can take up to 5 working days for a response, although, it can be sooner. We'll let you know once we hear something.

Thank you.