Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many texts is unlimited?

Kjw88
Hooked

How many texts is unlimited?

Hi
Does anyone know how many texts exactly is unlimited?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
crypto_sloth
Rising Star

Re: How many texts is unlimited?

Even the best mathematician in the world & the greatest philosophical mind in existence could never answer the question. The closer you get to the solution, the further removed from generally accepted ideas of 'sanity' you become.
As for the unlimited texts & how much is "unlimited" . That'd be eternal surely if it's unlimited.Any number you think of ill add 1 to it making it a larger number.Thus unlimited is just that. Without limit. I'd imagine Fair Use would come into play if it's going to court, i.e. Contracts etc but as long as the term "unlimited texts" is used in the contract then the Dictionary Definition of both unlimited and texts are in it.
[-Censored-]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Kjw88
Hooked

I read earlier today that even though company's advertise unlimited, in the small print there is usually a limit. I was surprised by this and was just curious if this was the case.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I haven't checked PlusNet's T&Cs but companies usually reserve the right to a fair use policy just in case you hammer it and it is affecting their network. Just to protect themselves really. If they didn't have that in the T&C's legally you could challenge that.

After all for all they know you could be sending lot and lots of spam texts a day. Not saying you are doing that, but you could. Tongue

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, unless PlusNet contact you.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

hi @Kjw88

Thanks for getting in touch! 

Unlimited texts are unlimited :), the only way we'd cap this is if we thought a user was sending out blankets of Spam texts but there's no cap for general domestic usage. 

Kjw88
Hooked

Ah ok great, thanks for clarifying!
Thanks everyone for their answers 😊