Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is reasonable?

FIXED
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

How long is reasonable?

The EE / Plusnet mast in my area (BS13 4NY) has been off air for nearly 5 weeks now so how long is reasonable time to expect a fix for this.

The mast is a shared mast with the 3 network so not sure which one of those is reasonable for fixing it but EE say they know about the problem and that it and Three say they know there’s a problem but I can use Wi-Fi calling if needed be and yes I can use Wifi calling on Three PAYG would you believe but not on Plus-Net contract.

Apart from Wifi calling not being available on PlusNet because like most these days it’s data that’s the word not telephoning so is it possible for someone to find out exactly how much longer this mast is going to be off air.

The digital map reference for the mask is 51.406034, -2.600010 and the postcode is Silcox Road, BS13 0JJ.

7 REPLIES 7
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: How long is reasonable?

Hi @ChrisAtBristol

Thank you for your contact and I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered. 

I have had a discussion with our Operations team and they have advised that this is not within Plusnet's jurisdiction as we do not own the masts or maintain them. 

The details you have provided show that there are 3 masts in the affected outage area. A 4th mast has had a fault fixed in the last three days but your phone doesn't connect to that one. 

In regards to specific fix timeframes we are not privy to this information (although we wish we were). 

Please accept our sincerest apologies that you are in this current situation and further updates can be provided via the EE network status checker website. 

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

They will be able to keep you up to date via email. 

Kind Regards

Ollie

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Hi thanks for checking for me.

It’s not such a problem at home with data to be honest as I have very good broadband and generally only used the mobile data away from home but because the signal is weak coming from other masts a mile or so away it means my phone and my wife's phone constantly looks for a better signal and in turn flatting the battery in half a day in the case of the wife's iPhone where if the mast down the road is on air the battery goes 2 days.

As long as there doing something about it that sort of OK but I get worried with BT, EE or whatever there know as today because I remember back in the T-Mobile and Orange days when they started turning mast off because they had two mast covering the same area generally but that meant not spots appeared where previously there were none.

Here’s hoping for full power soon.😊

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @ChrisAtBristol

Thank you for getting back to me. 

We've got our fingers crossed for a swift resolution for you. I'm sure we can look into a gesture of goodwill once everything is back up due to the amount of time it has taken. 

Please get back in touch with us once you are back to normal as we're more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Another 3 weeks go by and still not fixed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @ChrisAtBristol 

I'm sorry to see this is still a problem. Unfortunately there's not much we can do to influence the repair of the masts. We'd still be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture once the issue's fixed although I appreciate that doesn't help you now. Sad

Apologies for the time this is taking. Let us know how things go though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Fix

Thought I just put this thread to bed and to say the mast in question came back on yesterday morning and everything seems to be fine now.

I was just a bit worried that EE might have been thinking of decommissioning this mast but all good now.

Thanks for the offer of a goodwill gesture BTW but will give it a pass this time as the other half is just happy not to need to charge up her phone every day now.😊

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post back @ChrisAtBristol 

I’m happy to see that the mast finally got fixed in the end Thumbs_Up Fingers crossed there are no further issues but let us know if there is anything else you’d need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet