cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does number porting take?

bromleys

How long does number porting take?

Hi, I went through the process of acquiring my PAC code from my old carrier and texting it through the porting system etc on 9/11, best part of a week ago.  How long is this supposed to take? The longer it takes now, I'm having to keep both mobile accounts going for, and it costs me more, also it's very inconvenient as people can no longer contact me at my normal number.

6 REPLIES 6
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: How long does number porting take?

Hi @bromleys, thanks for reaching out to us!

We would usually expect a number port to complete within 1-2 working days. This can potentially feel like longer than this if it is submitted before a weekend.

Have you received any confirmation that the port has been accepted?

It's definitely not standard for it to take so long!

I'd really like to look into this for you, please feel free to send me a private message so I can look into your account Smiley

Thank you

-Oli

silverblack7777
Dabbler

Using the Text for this does not work you need to either phone them or use live chat.I did mine on 10/11 but live chat later confirmed it had not gone through.

fishyweb
Community Veteran

Same here. The SMS system is broken.
edrandall
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Been advised on the helpline this morning that it's 2 working days minimum to port currently, due to technical issues...

bromleys

Have spoken with live support staff - confirmed that sms system not working - but taken my details again and started ball rolling once more - thanks.

fishyweb
Community Veteran

Gave details to CS verbally on Sunday 12th, was told port should complete on Tuesday 14th. Old SIM went dead during 14th as expected, but number has still not ported to PN SIM as of this morning.
Called CS this morning and was told that the port is still "within timeframe" as 2 day period did not include Monday seeing as port was requested on a Monday, and should complete between 6:30pm and 7:30 pm today. At best, that contradicts what I was told on Sunday.

In the mean time, I received a text apologising for the delay, which is due to the port hitting a technical glitch, which kind of contradicts what CS just told me and supports what I was told on Sunday!

Utter shambles.