cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to leave plusnet

ishouldcocoa

How easy is it to leave plusnet

I am thinking of trying out Plusnet but see that the only payment method accepted is via direct debit.

If I get a sim and find it does not work for me how easy is it to cancel the direct debit as these are quite a cumbersome method of payment for the consumer as you have very little control of them as opposed to standing orders, google pay and payment via paypal which can be set to recur if needed and also cancelled directly by myself

I see things like this

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Charging-me-money-even-after-account-is-closed/td-p/1756593

3 REPLIES 3
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: How easy is it to leave plusnet

As long as your PN payments are up to date and the necessary notice of cancellation has been given, and accepted, then cancelling a DD is really quite simple.

What is cumbersome about it? You have toatal control! If you have online banking and/or your bank's app. then cancelling a DD may usually be done that way. Failing that phone your bank to cancel. It is now no longer necessary to contact the payee to cancel a DD but possibly wise to inform them of the cancellation.

Never cancel any provider's account by only cancelling a DD, that could spell issues.

ishouldcocoa

what are PN payments???

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

PN is short for PlusNet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.