cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a nano sim?

Shoehorn

How do I get a nano sim?

I was ported over to Plusnet mobile from Life mobile so I only have the standard sim and micro sim card with the Life mobile logo on it. 

My new phone requires a nano sim, but my old phone isn't working (hence getting the new one) so without the ability to call up plusnet how do I ask them to send me a nano sim?  Live chat isn't working. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: How do I get a nano sim?

Hi Shoehorn,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

A replacement SIM card for a new handset does come with a charge of £3.50 which will be applied directly to the account. It will arrive as a triple snap, which means it can be snapped down from a standard size to a micro or nano. 

If you would like me to order you a new SIM, be sure to send me a Private Message with your details and I'll get straight onto it. 

- Rebeka Smiley

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Scissors and nail file!

Google "convert micro sim to nano"

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Shoehorn

I tried the scissor method but my phone isn't identifying the sim card with the new haircut.  Thanks for the suggestion though, it was worth a try. 

I managed to get hold of someone from Plusnet via their facebook page so a new nano-sim should be on its way to me soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shoehorn

I think you should get a new PlusNet sim card for free because the old Life mobile cards were  only 3G and PlusNet is 4G.

When I was transferred from Life like yourself I was sent a new card for free.

I would ask why a charge is being made.

Shoehorn

You're right, but the nice young lady on facebook said nothing about a charge, so I think I am getting the new sim for free.  Needless to say, if they charge me without bothering to tell me first then there will be hell to pay. 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Shoehorn,

The charge is valid for a replacement SIM card as it is for a handset change. I understand you have an old LIFE Mobile SIM card however, if this is the case, you will be on a 3G tariff and not a 4G one. 

We would only send out a 4G replacement SIM card for free in certain circumstances such as, a migration from a 3G to a 4G tariff, damage/issue with the SIM card itself which could be affecting the services etc...

I'm finished for the day now however, if you would like to begin the ordering process of this new SIM card, be sure to send me a Private Message which I'll pick up in the morning or alternatively, contact any other mobile staff here on the forum; you'll find their names highlighted in pink. 

- Rebeka Smiley