cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come I used 2+ GB of data in 1 hour???

OmegaA

How come I used 2+ GB of data in 1 hour???

Something strange is happening
I usually use around 1-2 GB of data per month. So I keep on the lowest tariff and 4 GB should be plenty. However, last month I had to buy lots of extra GBs. Plusnet suggested me keeping eye on switching off mobile data when I get home
So, yesterday, I realised I got more internet and switched it for about 1 hour and used. I used it for 2 things - Wayz to get directions home and Pokemon Go. And I used 2.32 GB!!! In one hour!
How can this be? Any suggestions? I will switch to another provider if I don’t bottom this out. I didn’t have to switch internet off when I was on Vodafone…
7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,139

Re: How come I used 2+ GB of data in 1 hour???

Hi @OmegaA 

Has your phone done any automatic updates that may have triggered the extra usage? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
OmegaA

I set up iPhone so that it can do updates only when connected to WiFi…
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

For both apps, software update and photos etc? They're set in different places within an iPhone's settings.

Also, does the usage show? I believe it'd be Settings > Cellular

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
OmegaA

Checked my iPhone: Photos is switched off for mobile, camera is switched on, but shows 398 kb. Top are Safari 29.4 gb and Pokémon Go 21.1 gb. I don’t know within what period this amount was used - I didn’t use 50+ gb since I signed up with Plusnet as I bought overall less than 20 gb…
get it
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@OmegaA 

Feel free to private message me the following information and we’ll be happy to check nothing funky’s going on with your account. I got a suspicion though that something on your phone has used that data…

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
OmegaA

Thank you. I sent the private message

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, we’ll pick it up tomorrow. 

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team