cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn off voicemail?

cHatTErF0x

How can I turn off voicemail?

I would like to know how to disable voicemail on my iPhone 5.
Googled handset manual instructed procedures don't work.

Does it need a call to Plusnet customer services for this purpose?

6 REPLIES 6
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: How can I turn off voicemail?

Yes it does ....

If you dial 500 from your mobile phone, they can deactivate the Voicemail service.

edit.

I believe it can be turned off via Live Chat too - https://www.plus.net/mobile/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cHatTErF0x,

We're able to deactivate your Voicemail from our system. I can certainly get this sorted for you, if you would like to drop me a private message. Smiley -Ashleigh

RM1
Grafter

You may want to see if they can increase the number of rings before the network cuts off the call (which is what it does before voicemail kicks in, because the divert remains active). The default is 7.

I have already had someone think I busied the call (where you get 3 short tones in sequence). The amount of rings is way too short IMO.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi cHatTErF0x,

If you could send me a private message, I'll be more than happy to switch this off for you.

- Rebeka Smiley

mmne3

Is it possible to find out my voicemail mailbox number so I can switch my voicemail on and off myself from my phone using gsm codes?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mmne3

The only way we're able to activate/ deactivate your Voicemail is from our system. You can do this by dialing 500 from your SIM, 0800 0791133 from another line; or you can contact our Live-Chat Team via https://www.plus.net/mobile/. You can also send us a private message on here too!

Unfortunately, we don't have a Voicemail mailbox number to provide. I'm sorry about that! -Ashleigh