Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check if Roam like at Home is enabled on my account Please

Tigger17
Grafter

How can I check if Roam like at Home is enabled on my account Please

As Title -

Logged in to check my account, but can't see anywhere that confirms it is enabled. Are all mobile accounts enabled automatically?

21 REPLIES 21
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How can I check if Roam like at Home is enabled on my account Please

Thanks for getting in touch @Tigger17 and apologies for the delayed response.

All Plusnet Mobile accounts should have Roam like at Home enabled since 2016, but feel free to private message me the following details to pass our data protection checks and we can confirm.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alexmay

I would also like to know this. It is incredible that you can't just make a firm statement about this. It is ridiculous that every customer has to private message you individually. It is even worse because, I found that I couldn't private message you!. What now?

Tigger17
Grafter

Before I got the response from Gandalf, I had rang Plusnet, who confirmed what he said.

alexmay

I want the answer in writing so that it can't be denied later and I don't want to jump through ridiculous hoops to get it. If this is a fact, why is it not simply published without caveat?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@alexmay  now you have posted you can PM. the fuction is not available until a post is made.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@alexmay wrote:

I would also like to know this. It is incredible that you can't just make a firm statement about this. It is ridiculous that every customer has to private message you individually. It is even worse because, I found that I couldn't private message you!. What now?

This would be because the service isn’t automatically enabled on a legacy tariff prior to November 2016 or you may choose to turn the service off. 

If we were to make a firm statement, it wouldn’t be true, because not all accounts are the same…

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
alexmay

Shame that your priority was to prove yourselves right rather than provide me with the information that I actually need.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@alexmay I think @Anoush has given you the answer - in his off-duty time, too.

John
alexmay

Nobody has given me the answer to the important question that I wanted answered. I have yet to receive confirmation that my contracts include roam like at home. I was told they do, but the lack of written confirmation smacks of total cowboys.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I’m out of the office so I can’t check your account.

If you require an urgent definitive answer, I’d recommend calling us. Alternatively we’ll respond to the PM you’ve sent as soon as we can. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
alexmay

Still not in the office probably. I got a private message from Gandalf on Monday asking me for some private information in order that he could look into this. I responded within the hour. Three days later and I've still heard nothing back!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @alexmay 

I haven't received a second private message from you. Did you reply to the email notification by any chance?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alexmay

Yes, I would have expected you to get that. I've now sent you a private message from the online system which is a pain to log into as it uses separate login details from my account despite being on the same domain.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately the email notifications you receive from the community don't come from a monitored address.

I've just messaged you back now.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet