cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding for customer service - how long?

Grafter

Holding for customer service - how long?

As a new mobile customer to PN, I had reason to call customer services this evening - the purpose being to arrange for a refund and recurring discount due to an error made by the sales advisor. I'm hoping that a twenty minute holding time to speak to an adviser is not normal. For all of their faults, Tesco, my old provider, did answer customer service calls within a very few minutes. Still in cancellation period if this is typical response times. 

7 REPLIES 7
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Holding for customer service - how long?

Hi 430,

thanks for getting in touch! I'm very sorry to hear about your wait time on the phones, we do occasionally experience a high volume of calls but usually you'll get through to someone within a few a minutes. I'm very sorry if this wasn't the case in your experience. 

If you drop me a private message I can certainly look into this for you and see what we can do. 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

I wish Sky only had 20 minute waiting times, the last few times I've tried, most of them didn't even advise a minimum time and just told me to phone back another time, the best I got was 40 minutes...

ian4436
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thats very true Colin. i thin k it depends what time you call PN and if they have a lot of customer service questions by subscribers,,,,, its a free phone, but i have never had to wait long,and they have always been courteous

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I rang yesterday at 15.36 from my phone on 500 because I could not connect to the internet from my mobile.

The call was answered straight away by a very helpful young man who talked me though how to reset my mobile phone and I was back on line within ten minutes.

I think it depends on what time you call I have never had a problem the few times I have called.

ian4436
Grafter
Fixes: 1

all companies try and an answer,,,,,,, they dont want to lose custom,,,,,, have you heard the offers they can make when you ask for the cancellation department

rssmith1
Hooked

I have spent practically the entire evening trying to get through to PN mobile to discuss an issue which has been ongoing for 3 weeks. 3 calls, all with wait times of nearly 30 mins, all resulting in me being cut off. Needless to say I gave up!
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi rssmith1

I'm very sorry to hear you've had some issues getting through! We do try and get to all calls as quickly as possible. 
In the rare event we do have long queue times, you can always contact us on here, Livechat or via social media and we'll be able to talk through any queries you may have. 

If you drop me a private message I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.