Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitting data, minutes or text limits?

FIXED
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Hitting data, minutes or text limits?

What happens when you hit either data, minutes or your text limits? If for example you hit your data limit would it just disable data until your next billing date or does it disable all 3?

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Hitting data, minutes or text limits?

@Colin_Maybe

I had this happen once a few months ago with my Granddaughter sim where she had not realised here phone was using mobile data instead of local wifi data.

Anyway in answer to your question is they take money for continuous use of data or minutes from your smart cap and I add at a very high rate as my GD hit the £10 smart cap limit in a couple of days.

I’ve made sure she’s got a data usage app on her phone now to stop this happening again because it become very expensive should you miss the smart cap warnings.

That said, I think you can buy what some networks call “a bundle” to get you through to your next renewal but I’ve not tried that but sure it’s got to be a cheaper way.

Just to add, if you use all your data any minutes or texts you have left continue with no charge and extra charges are applied to the product you have run out of.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

@ChrisAtBristol Boltons, Plusnet call them.

Could your grand daughter still use the minutes and texts once she'd hit the data limit though, or was it all blocked?

Edit: you were editing your previous reply while I was typing, so cheers.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Actually that said, if she then hit her smart cap limit for the extra data are you saying that she could still phone and text?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Hi @Colin_Maybe

When creating each account, we'll automatically set the Smart Cap to £10. However, this can be changed from anything between £2-£30 via our Customer Service Team. Smiley

You can view our out of bundle charges via this useful link from our website https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-price-guide/. If you exceed one of your allowances and hit your Smart Cap (for example, mobile data), you can still use your other services (calls/ texts). We'll always make you aware when you're 80% and 100% through your bundle. You'll also receive a notification if you've reached your Smart Cap- in order to reinstate the service that's been suspended, you can either make a payment to clear the charges or increase the limit on your account. I hope this helps! -Ashleigh