cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

leslie092

Help

On Thursday 28th June I suddenly received calls to my mobile phone stating they were retuning my call sorry they missed it.

Very strange as I had not made any calls to anyone I use my mobile to make calls very little.

These callers said their phone showed a missed call from my number I had approx. 9 calls from different people from places like Bath, Bristol, Southampton and even Dundee. this all happened between 1pm and 3pm.

I telephoned customer service that evening who seemed to be ware of it promised to ring me back and did not.

This morning 30th I again telephoned customer service and after 20minutes of music and an annoying recorded voice I got through was told guy only started last week  he would put me through to mobile phone department more music then cut off.

An email arrived stating a ref number wrote back well you cant reply to auto generated emails from PlusNet.

Thank you very much Plusnet for your world beating customer service and for wasting 30minutes of my life.

L Turner

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Help

Sounds like run of the mill scam calls and nothing to do with Plusnet.

Did they not mention PPI or anything to do with the accident you had?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi leslie092,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

We wouldn't usually call our Customers, unless there is an outgoing investigation which we've advised we'll call to discuss. If you do receive a call from us, it will be from the following number: 0800 079 1133.

I'm sorry but you'd be unable to send an email to any automatic services although, you can email into us at mobile-help@plus.net. There is a 24 hour timescale for the Team to reply, but I can assure you that they would be in touch via this method. 

With regards to the calls, I would advise to block any unknown numbers via your handset to ensure you don't receive these again.

- Rebeka 

leslie092

Hi Chris, I am convinced they were all telling the truth they were both male and female and at no time did they mention or try to sell me anything.

They wanted to know why My number was on thier missed call I am at a loss to understand why my number came on thier phones.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@leslie092

I get them now and again, thankfully not recently.

I put my mobile on silent, and if the CLID doesn't match someone I don't know I will refuse to answer.

Yes I've had the PPI ones too. I tell them (politely of course) where to go.

Don't get me started on my parents who get the old "There is a problem with your internet connection" calls. I've only answered one and which I asked technical questions who cut off the line.

Sounds to me like a scam, nothing to do with PlusNet - I can understand as annoying as it is for you at the moment.

leslie092

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

I have since googled the problem and loads of people have been expierenceing the same probleml and it is well known to providers.

Seems nothing can be done to prevent it. Just can’t understand in my case not one of the 9 callers made any attempt to ask me anything.

Jk123

Hello, I don't know how to private message you and I'd like my content block removing.

Thank you
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Jk123,

Now that you have posted publicly, this should allow you to send a Private Message. 

Simply click on mine, or any other mobile staff members names and it will take you to our profiles. From there, there will be a 'Send Message' tab on the right that you can click. 

- Rebeka