cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to buy sims

MartinBeesley

Help to buy sims

Why is it so difficult to buy 33 sims for our care workers? We are a domiciliary care agency and we are using phones for communicating details to our staff. We would like our staff to benefit from the Samsung A41 we have issued them and looking to buy monthly sims for there own use as well as ours. They have been through so much in the past 6 months. God Bless the NHS staff for what they did but there are a lot of other professions who put themselves at risk to help others and care staff are one of them.

We have been a Plusnet customer for 15 years, s it so difficult to arrange something for us?

Please reply if you can help us. 

5 REPLIES 5
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Help to buy sims

Hi @MartinBeesley, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forums. By all means 33 SIMs can be taken out with us that will hopefully meet the needs you're requiring however it does mean setting up 33 accounts to do so. Rather than signing up online I'd advise giving our Mobile sales team a call who may be able to help you in doing this.
They are contactable directly on 0800 328 4688 and they are open between the following hours:
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 - 20:00

MartinBeesley

Thank you Plusnet help team. I don't know why it seems so difficult to get sims in large quantities but I am grateful for your advice.

Many thanks

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Working with a sysadmin, I would imagine:

1. Make sure the phones are unlocked, so it will accept the SIMS.
2. Ensure you're the administrator of those accounts, so PlusNet will accept changes you ask for and make on the users behalf.

MartinBeesley

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your input.

I have just heard from Plusnet mobile and apparently there is no way 33 sims can be issued to 1 customer due to the IT system setup..... I thought 'the computer says NO' was a comedy punchline but in this case it has been adopted by Plusnet. 

We have been Plusnet broadband customers for 15 years, never missing a payment, but it seems as a business customer we are limited to 3 sims. Home customers are allowed up to 6, which suggests we receive even less for the premium payment we make as a business.

Buying sims and paying monthly should be the most economic solution for us as a care agency. We do have good staff retention rates for our industry but our employee numbers can fluctuate as do our client base. We do not want to pass on unnecessary costs to our elderly, disabled and dying customers  if we possibly can help it.

How can something so simple apparently be so difficult?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep Little Britian. I have said "Computer says No" on occasions to people I must admit. I do find it funny 😊

PlusNet should be able to send them to you, and you create an Excel spreadsheet. Four columns:

"Name"
"IMEI" (serial number of the device, a good old *#06# will tell you).
"IMSI", that will be on the SIM.
"Mobile number".

Having worked for a financial company, I know a bit about Excel. I am a bit better at it now, but not brilliant.