cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please! Plusnet have unjustifiably put a default on my credit file????

quirkyboy
Dabbler

Help please! Plusnet have unjustifiably put a default on my credit file????

I ordered a Sim only card in November 2017 however I changed my mind, used my stauatory rights cancelled and returned the sim Royal mail registered post with accompanying letter well within the cooling off period. 

Shortly afterwards I received an email requesting payment. I telephoned PN and spoke to a very helpful member of staff who advised me to ignore any future emails and assured me they would take care of the issue and close the account. I have since received a number of further emails advising me that I have missed payment for a sim card that I have never used. 

Can someone please help me resolve this frustrating situation as Plusnet have now put a default on my otherwise unblemished credit file?

7 REPLIES 7
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Help please! Plusnet have unjustifiably put a default on my credit file????

Sorry to hear there's been so much confusion around the end of your contract, quirkyboy, although I'm sure we can get things straightened out. 

Could you please Private Message me with your Plusnet Mobile number so I can open up the account and sort everything out for you? Smiley

quirkyboy
Dabbler

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. 

I have sent you a pm.

Regards,

Keith

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Cheers Keith. I'll continue this there Smiley

quirkyboy
Dabbler

Re: Sim only cancellation update
Hi Michael,

I spoke to a member of “Plusnet mobile” to try and move things along a little as this unfortunate issue is affecting a mortgage application.

[CSA Removed]” told me he didn’t know why there was an issue as my account is showing as “fully closed”. Another staff member suggested I email a copy of my Experian credit file to PN but it seems I am technically unable to do this due to the file type.

I really need this sorted asap as I am in a critical situation with regards to my mortgage application and lenders are questioning my “credit worthiness” when I have never financially defaulted in my life.

Please, please can you sort this out for me as speedily as possible.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi quirkyboy,

Mike is currently away from the office however, I can pick this up from here.

I'm unable to discuss any account specifics via a public platform due to Data Protection however, with regards to marks on a credit file, we would advise to raise a direct dispute with your Credit Reference Agency, as this process is quicker. I completely understand that you're having difficulty sending in the required information however, if there is any way possible that you could screenshot the issue with your file and email it into us at mobile-help@plus.net, we can investigate further. 

- Rebeka 

quirkyboy
Dabbler

Hi Rebeka,

I have emailed some screenshots to mobile-help@plus.net. Can you please confirm that you have received them?

I emailed Experian on 11/5/18 informing them of the situation.

Thanks,

Keith Johnston

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Keith, 

I'm unable to advise if they have been received, as they will have been sent to our Email Team directly. There is a 24 hour response timescale however, they will be in touch with you to confirm this. 

- Rebeka