cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has there been a data breach

N1ckM

Has there been a data breach

This is a different question from the previous ones under this heading. We have a sim only contract with Plusnet. I am the account holder though the phone is used solely by my wife, so any outgoing communication from that phone will have always been in her name. The only common denominator for that phone and me is the Plusnet account, so I was puzzled and alarmed when she got a phishing SMS addressed to me. Unfortunately (and fortunately) she recognised it immediately as a scam so she deleted it and I no longer have the details. Does this suggest a data breach?

2 REPLIES 2
ghamilton123
Rising Star

Re: Has there been a data breach

This could possibly be due to a databreach outside of Plusnet, I wouldn't worry about it, but I would suggest changing any passwords and checking haveibeenpwned 

N1ckM

Re: Has there been a data breach

Thank you. I still can't see how anywhere else other than Plusnet would have data which would associate my wife's phone with my name. My email account would be the only other place and I've recently beefed up the security on that (before the phishing episode) so I'm confident that that hasn't been hacked.