cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my £1 Smart Cap from Life Mobile stayed the same with Plusnet ?

FIXED
PeteIOW
Hooked

Has my £1 Smart Cap from Life Mobile stayed the same with Plusnet ?

I have tried to find somewhere in my online account, to confirm that the £1 cap that I set in my LIFE account, still remains, since the switch to Plusnet, but I can't find anywhere.

Instead, there appears to be a suggestion that it is now set at £10, and that I can only set it to a minimum of £2 by ringing Plusnet.

I am sure I was told that nothing would change when Plusnet took over, so can somebody please advise ?

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Has my £1 Smart Cap from Life Mobile stayed the same with Plusnet ?

Hi PeteIOW,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

If you signed up, changed your plan or upgraded on or after 29 November 2016 to a 4G tariff, we automatically set the Smart Cap to £10, but you can make it as low as £2 or as high as £30.

If you signed up before 29 November 2016 and still on a 3G tariff, we’ve automatically set your Smart Cap to £5. But you can make it as low as £1.

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

PeteIOW
Hooked

Thanks for that. Are you the only customer service rep on here ? You sorted out my last issue 🙂

Then I need to change it to £1 for both my and my wife's mobile. Do we need to ring to do so, or can it be done via our accounts ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Hi @PeteIOW

In order to change your Smart Cap, you can give our friendly Team a call by dialing 500 from your SIM, or 0800 0791133 which is a free call from any other line!

We're also accessible via our Live-Chat feature through https://www.plus.net/mobile/, but if you'd prefer you can send one of us a private message through the Forum and we'll be more than happy to get this sorted. Smiley -Ashleigh