cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to leave, no WiFi calling is the deal breaker.

FIXED
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Had to leave, no WiFi calling is the deal breaker.

Just by way of feedback really. I moved to PlusNet Mobile about twelve months ago and after a while I started getting family members saying, "I tried to ring you but you didn't answer". I realised that this was always when I was downstairs at home. Coverage maps show my area to be good outdoors but not so good indoors and I have always been aware of this but it was never a problem until I joined PlusNet Mobile.

A recent illness meant that this was a very real issue for me.

I've now moved back to Three and it is purely because they support Wi-Fi calling (i.e. if the mobile signal is too weak calls are routed via my internet connection). I'm no longer sometimes out of touch.

I have to say that the move back went extremely smoothly. I got my PAC code to use when setting up my new account, got the new SIM card and waited for the arranged start date. Put the SIM card in and switched on and just under an hour later my existing number had been ported to my new account.

7 REPLIES 7
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Re: Had to leave, no WiFi calling is the deal breaker.

My number was ported to Three on 1/6/21. On 27/6/21 I got an email saying that my mobile bill was 'now ready' and:-

"As your account is in credit by £4.65, we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill."

I rang customer services and the agent I spoke to said that the £4.65 would be credited back to my account. I have left the Direct Debit order in place to allow for the credit to go through but nothing so far.

I can no longer login to the account which I would expect as it's closed but I want to finalise this and delete the DD. What should I do next?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @longedge Sorry to see you’ve had to leave and thanks for the feedback. If you can drop me a PM with the below details, we’ll be happy to make sure the refund’s on its way to you and the credit cleared off. Smiley

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff PM's go through a centralised system internally so I might not personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Many thanks for responding. I've sent a PM with all the details requested.

Yes I was sorry to leave but I'm disabled and housebound and in a poor coverage area. When I ported my number into PlusNet Mobile, I hadn't realised quite to what extent I relied on wi-fi calling. But for that I wouldn't have moved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

@longedge wrote:

Many thanks for responding. I've sent a PM with all the details requested.

Thanks for getting back to me @longedge 

No problem, it looks like @TheMightyAJ picked your message up while I was out of the office. 

Yes I was sorry to leave but I'm disabled and housebound and in a poor coverage area. When I ported my number into PlusNet Mobile, I hadn't realised quite to what extent I relied on wi-fi calling. But for that I wouldn't have moved.

Ah that makes sense. If you've got the recent illness you've mentioned, I hope you make a full recovery soon. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Thank you - the rebate has now gone through  👍

enlliserve
Grafter

Looks like 1p Mobile have beaten Plusnet. Voice over LTE, Wi-Fi Calling AND 5G. And they are An EE MVNO just like PlusNet
longedge
Aspiring Pro

😅 - I just got an email to say among other things:-

"We're just dropping you a line to let you know that your bill is now available to view. Simply head over to My Account and use your account number and password to log in to check on all your calls, texts and data used this month.

As your account is in credit by £0.00, we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill."

No - the account is closed, a bit of housekeeping would not go amiss 😁