Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP. No service

FIXED
skinnykins8
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

HELP. No service

For 24 hours now I haven't been able to receive calls and phone shows Emergency Calls Only EE

7 REPLIES 7
KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: HELP. No service

Fix

As I have stated in this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-network/m-p/1898917/highlight/false#M23478 I lose connection from time to time and can force the SIM to reconnect as per below which is copied and pasted from that thread:

I get this from time to time where the signal drops completely (Google Pixel 6a). Airplane mode and rebooting the phone has no effect. If I go into the phone's settings, network and internet, SIM settings there is an option to Automatically select network which is usually set to On. If I click on that I can manually force the phone to select plusnet - several networks are shown and they all state that they are forbidden even the plusnet connection. I then put the connection back to Automatic.

It looks to me like the SIM is temporarily disconnecting and the network won't let me back in - feels like a plusnet/EE problem to me.

skinnykins8
Dabbler

I tried all troubleshooting but nothing works @KEM  so borrowed a phone and talked with someone who said there may be a problem in my area but I asked for a new sim to be sent out anyway. Hopefully, I get it before Christmas.

skinnykins8
Dabbler

Thank you @KEM 

I tried " SIM settings there is an option to Automatically select network which is usually set to On. If I click on that I can manually force the phone to select plusnet - several networks are shown and they all state that they are forbidden even the plusnet connection. I then put the connection back to Automatic" and it worked after 2 days of no phone. You are a star.

KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Glad that it has helped. I was without signal for a day, ordered a new SIM on the assumption the old one had died, still had the same problem when the new SIM turned up and eventually discovered that forcing the phone to connect to Plusnet fixed the connection for a few weeks.

My phone loses connection every 3 or 4 weeks and I have to keep going through this procedure - not ideal but at least I know the workaround. Plusnet are aware of the problem and I plan on reporting it every time it happens. Not sure if it is a Google problem or Plusnet problem but ever hopeful that an update somewhere will fix it properly.

skinnykins8
Dabbler

@KEM I'm glad you found a fix for this. It may well be a Google problem, I have a Pixel 6 Pro. Thanks again and a very Merry Christmas to you.

Ant2011

Thank you KEM.

Having spent 30 mins on the phone to plusnet with no solution, your advice fixed it!

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 100

Awesome glad all is resolved @Ant2011 let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team