cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSM call divert codes are being ignored. Can't disable voicemail diverts as a result.

Xandros
Dabbler

GSM call divert codes are being ignored. Can't disable voicemail diverts as a result.

The main one is supposed to be ##002# which cancels all call diverts. Dialling it it appeared to work and said that all diverts settings were successfully erased, except it didn't work. I checked one of the divert statuses by dialling *#67# and it promptly pops up saying the divert to my voicemail is still enabled. So I dialled ##67# which is supposed to turn off that setting. It comes up telling me that the divert setting erasure is successful again, so I dialled *#67# again to check and it still says it's enabled.

I've tried resetting my phone a dozen times both hard rest and also I've actually restored the thing to factory default settings too. When it comes back, same problem; I can't disable the diverts. Then I decided to see if this was an issue with my iPhone, so I put a Vodafone PAYG SIM in the thing which I know allows the diverts to be changed. This time the codes worked, for example I dialled ##67# to turn off that divert, it says setting erasure successful, then I dialled *#67# and it comes up saying the setting is disabled as it should be.

So whatever the problem is here, it appears to be with the carrier settings.

Edit: By the way. I am aware that I can dial 500 and get someone to turn my voicemail off that way but apparently the call diverts remain in place if you do it that way. It would be much simpler if I could just turn them off myself as I can turn them on/off as I please without faffing around talking to anyone.

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: GSM call divert codes are being ignored. Can't disable voicemail diverts as a result.

Xandros
Dabbler

Re: GSM call divert codes are being ignored. Can't disable voicemail diverts as a result.

Well, they may not do, but I'm a pay monthly customer.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Xandros
Dabbler

So most other networks like EE, Vodafone, 02 and even Giffgaff allow it but Plusnet doesn't. Honestly I've only been with them for a month and I'm starting to regret joining up.