cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback - Pausing my plan

imdavidmin

Feedback - Pausing my plan

Hello,

I've just contacted customer service, asking how might I pause my 30-day rolling plan for a while and then get back on it later. This would be what I need if I'm travelling for a period of time and don't need my UK mobile service. The answer I was given was that this option is not available, and if I stop my direct debit, I'll be charged a £10 late payment fee. The only way to actually my service is to cancel my account.

A key benefit of being on a 30-day rolling plan is the flexibility. P.lusnet's current policy is saying I'm better off leaving them if I want to not have mobile service temporarily. This is inconvenient for me as a customer, and sends the wrong message for customer retention. Please consider revising this policy and create options for your customers.

Best,
David

4 REPLIES 4
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Feedback - Pausing my plan

Hi imdavidmin

thanks for getting in touch! While pausing a tariff isn't a service we currently offer we are happy to assess this on a case by case basis. 
If you drop me a private message I'd be happy to look into this again for you and see if there's anything we can do to help. 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

I can't say I've ever heard of any company pausing a mobile service. Perhaps your best option if you're away for awhile is to change to the cheapest tariff which for the next 2 days is the new £4 one. You can change back to whatever suits and is available when you're back.

If you do cancel you will lose your mobile number by the way.

imdavidmin

Hey,

I have been on giffgaff (O2 network) and EE, both support "pausing" as that's how 30-day rolling contracts generally work - if you don't pay, your service stops. When you pay again, the service resumes, and you pay upfront for the next 30 days. This is not a "pay monthly" plan, but a PAYG 30-day rolling plan.

The problem with changing back is that I signed up with a promo plan that's not available if I sign up now, so can't change back if I switch to another tariff. 

And a note for others - you always have the option of porting your number to a new provider for free.

David

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Ahh, you're talking about PAYG sims. You're aware I presume that if you don't top up or use the number (usually) within 6 months the sim gets shut down and the number recirculated (eventually).

I've changed tariff twice since joining in December as better offers have popped up so the chances are you'll find an equivalent or even better available offer when you come back.